Monte carlo work truck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkuhar

G-Body Guru
Sep 27, 2018
Girard, IL
Just wanted to share this with the group. Not my car just a guy that came to buy some garden tractor parts

I had some brinley sleeve hitch implements for sale and the guy showed up from 2hours away in a 84 monte carlo. He loaded up the attachments in the trunk and we got talking about his car. He bought it brand new in 84 and has 300000 miles on it. Its rough and he uses it like a truck. He said he took the trunk lid off and backed garden tractors up and into the trunk and left the front end hanging out.. he put wagon springs under it to handle the weight of using it like a truck.

I gave him some rear control arms for free for the story since he mentioned his bushings where bad. He had a push button start on the dash and the inside was rough, holes in the floorpan, but it was impressive seeing it being used
20220514_165903.jpg
20220514_165854.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
So did he modify the rear trunk panel so it folds down or is removeable?

Drkuhar

G-Body Guru
Sep 27, 2018
Girard, IL
So did he modify the rear trunk panel so it folds down or is removeable?
No he showed me a pic of a wheelhorse with the back end in the trunk and the front wheels hanging over the back with the frame resting on the trunk panel.
Deck lid removed

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor