Not open for further replies.

Dr. Rudy

Greasemonkey
Mar 19, 2011
Pennsylvania
Evan's 85 said:
JRG53 said:
Another sad day: Cash for clunkers.
Cash for clunkers pissed me off. Seen a mint '88 cutlass destroyed. Had great Maroon buckets & console too! Talk about a waste. It had the hard to find factory alum snowflake like wheels too. I believe they had to be ordered special.

you think your pissed about that goin for cash for clunkers, hot rod magazine tallied up the nice cars that went down in that
blaze of BS and someone actually sacrificed a GNX for 3500 bucks toward something that will never be worth as much.

86monte

Apprentice
Apr 30, 2012
Vermont
That really sucks. Im on a fire department and when we cut up or burn cars we only used ones that have been crashed and are beyond any kind of repair. One of are members owns a garage so any wrecks he gets we can get are hands on. Would never burn a nice car like that though!

Bar50

Royal Smart Person
Jan 1, 2009
Tulsa, OK
The fire dept I work for did a similar atrocity. We smoked a '79 Malibu. When we showed up for auto extrication class, they bring out a green thin pillar car. No heart. Bench seat. Straight with all the glass in it. A set of SBC headers in the back seat.

I offered to buy it, for whatever $$$ and provide an additional car to be practiced on....no dice.

The training officers from my department were like "Look, we already cut up this *motioning to a pile on the ground* it was a 300 ZX....eh who cares!??! I offered them $750 for it (knowing that scrap weight would barley make $250) they declined. We smashed and cut it beyond recognition....

Next union meeting (later in the week) I show up in my daily driver '80 Malibu...same guys were "Damn, you really would have bought that car!!?!"

At least I tried...

Nov 4, 2012
I was into the whole "firefighter" thing for a while, and I didn't mind it, I was a junior at the local house, just washing trucks and sweeping floors, but I gave it up for a couple reasons, not to bash on firefighters or anything but, too many of the guys were in it for the "power trip", like they were this big hero who served our country risking their lives or something, when really they were all overweight losers who had nothing better to do, so they sit around at the volunteer firehouse for 6 hours a day. Two, they burn nice cars all the time, and are arrogant about it, they won't let one go. Now looking back on it, I think I was just in it for the trucks, (lol). At 12 years old, nothing was cooler than getting to work with fire trucks.

86monte

Apprentice
Apr 30, 2012
Vermont
joesregalproject said:
I was into the whole "firefighter" thing for a while, and I didn't mind it, I was a junior at the local house, just washing trucks and sweeping floors, but I gave it up for a couple reasons, not to bash on firefighters or anything but, too many of the guys were in it for the "power trip", like they were this big hero who served our country risking their lives or something, when really they were all overweight losers who had nothing better to do, so they sit around at the volunteer firehouse for 6 hours a day. Two, they burn nice cars all the time, and are arrogant about it, they won't let one go. Now looking back on it, I think I was just in it for the trucks, (lol). At 12 years old, nothing was cooler than getting to work with fire trucks.

yea its not like that on my department (though a couple are over weight lol) We go in, get done what needs to be done, and go home. No one ever hangs around at the station except for a few minutes after a call

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor