Monte to GP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

averagewhiteboy

Master Mechanic
Jun 7, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Hey guys.

Well, when the GP gets ready to head to the bodyshop, I may need to swap a few panels. When this time comes, will any G body door fit onto my 85 GP? As in, would, let's say, a 87 MCSS door fit right onto the GP, no questions asked? And also, are all G body hoods basically the same? I'd like to do a small reverse cowl hood, but I don't really want to custom fab one. Can I buy one for another listed G body (since suppliers hate the GP) and just use it on my GP?

Thanks!!

will any G body door fit onto my 85 GP? As in, would, let's say, a 87 MCSS door fit right onto the GP, no questions asked? And also, are all G body hoods basically the same?

I have checked this out myself, and the answer is NO. There are 3 door types for the 2 door G-Body cars:

1) Monte Carlo
2) GP
3) regal and cutlass (they are the only ones to interchange)

The difference is in the contour lines. My buddy has an 86 Monte Carlo and I have a 84 GP. I looked and that's the difference. The hoods and trunks are unique on all lines. I need doors for my GP as well. Good luck. If I had the $$$, I'd start my own G-Body "junk yard" business.

You missed one. There are 4 different 2 dr doors. Those you mentioned and 2 dr malibu, el camino, caballero, grand am, and lemans are the same.

there is a 81 gp around pittsburgh, I am about to raid it today for a few parts.... Let you know how the doors are... But I do want a driver's door (small rust forming on mine) if it nice enough....

Technically dougfather is right since G-bodies were from 82-88 with the addition of the Elky. 78-81 were A-body specials (but still commonly referred to as G-bodies for the most part). Strange how the body name designation change didn't occur with the body redesign.

thebaron said:
there is a 81 gp around pittsburgh, I am about to raid it today for a few parts.... Let you know how the doors are... But I do want a driver's door (small rust forming on mine) if it nice enough....

You're around Pittsburgh too? Lemme know what's good body-wise on the car. I need a few pieces...

BTW, did you need my old 3.8?

I am around Pittsburgh and know someone that would love that old 3.8 to play with.... He likes them for some reason, I just want to a 350 v8 and get it over with 😉

Check PA Collision Parts up in Zeli for some body parts.

Doors

I've got a decent GP passanger door in Cleveland. If anyone wants it. Make me an offer. Would prefer to trade. I need interior (vinyl/ leather rear seat) and rear suspension parts.

let me know. It needs a little surface work (small ding and rivited on side trim), but it is pretty solid.

Thanks,

Stoopud

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor