More Interesting than Super Bowl

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I hate being right...

A tone deaf corporate message delivered by a tone deaf celebrity. How disingenuous and out of touch can you be?

This is comedy, any serious political inferences are the sole misinterpretation of the viewer:

But, hey... when you synthetically modify the Overton window "the Middle" isn't anywhere near where it used to be. So yeah, there is a Grand Canyon-sized divide that ain't no one getting across.

Again. Comedy.

Last edited:
  • Winner
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I hate being right...

A tone corporate deaf message delivered by a tone deaf celebrity. How disingenuous and out of touch can you be?

This is comedy, any serious political inferences are the sole misinterpretation of the viewer:

But, hey... when you synthetically modify the Overton window "the Middle" isn't anywhere near where it used to be. So yeah, there is a Grand Canyon-sized divide that ain't no on getting across.

Again. Comedy.
The theme this year almost across the board was to make an ad, that had zero to do with your product, that made no sense to the viewer.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
You would think companies would realize that making any political statement regardless the message is a way to get negative press (Gillette with toxic masculinity a few years ago, the my pillow guy today) and the obvious bet is to talk about how your product does a better job than the competition for a better price or can deliver a feature nobody else can.....

But instead they go straight for the feels, because ad managers yo.

That's probably why I am not an ad manager.
Mad Men Encerio GIF

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
the sundance channel was running all three of the naked gun movie's last nite,that's my super bowl..
gun hd GIF
:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Winner
Reactions: 4 users

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
When a guy from North Jersey shows up in Kansas in an old Jeep wearing a cowboy hat, nobody believes or trusts that guy. A guy from a farm in south Jersey, maybe they'll trust him after a few years.

North Jersey, Never, No matter how many times he came through on a bus in the 1980's.

Reactions: 3 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
  • Winner
Reactions: 2 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I hate being right...

A tone corporate deaf message delivered by a tone deaf celebrity. How disingenuous and out of touch can you be?

But, hey... when you synthetically modify the Overton window "the Middle" isn't anywhere near where it used to be. So yeah, there is a Grand Canyon-sized divide that ain't no one getting across.

Again. Comedy.
So, was Jeep trying to sell Ol' Bruce or they just paid an azz load of money for the air time just to pay him to sell himself? BTW & speaking as a city boy, what the hell does a city dwelling music man know about the the middle?

Last edited:

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
So, was Jeep trying to sell Ol' Bruce or they just paid an azz load of money for the air time just to pay him to sell himself? BTW & speaking as a city, what the hell does a city dwelling music man know about the the middle?
Maybe he perfers the creme filling of oreos and twinkies?

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
So, was Jeep trying to sell Ol' Bruce or they just paid an azz load of money for the air time just to pay him to sell himself? BTW & speaking as a city boy, what the hell does a city dwelling music man know about the the middle?

He's about as genuine as Courteney Cox just so happening to be at his concert...

He is still dancing in the dark. Utterly clueless.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor