Most Unusual G-Body Engine Swap You’ve Ever Seen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
The old Nissan SD series diesels were used in International Scouts but I've never seen that one before. Industrial application or JDM import of some sort?

Edit: Looks to be an RD28 from the 80s or 90s. Good for almost 100hp.

Last edited:

online170

G-Body Guru
Oct 28, 2010
From a google search, it looks like its an RD28. The picture kind of resembles it. I believe it was out of a Nissan "Patrol", which is kind of like a North American Pathfinder.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

CoachFoust

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 8, 2015
Nebraska City, Ne
I have a buddy that keeps trying to talk me into swapping a 3.6L CTS-V motor (twin turbo, of course) into something. I’m not sure i have the coin for that kind of a swap. But i like the idea of it. I’ve found a few wrecked donor cars with complete drive trains (including a manual trans) for a reasonable amount of money...that I just don’t have unfortunately.

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
I have a buddy that keeps trying to talk me into swapping a 3.6L CTS-V motor (twin turbo, of course) into something. I’m not sure i have the coin for that kind of a swap. But i like the idea of it. I’ve found a few wrecked donor cars with complete drive trains (including a manual trans) for a reasonable amount of money...that I just don’t have unfortunately.

I was originally really gung-ho about doing the 3.6 TT swap into my car, but I’ve kind of talked myself out of it. There is minimal aftermarket support for the engine, and they made relatively few of them. I’ve also heard it’s probably going to be discontinued in the next few years for a 4.2 twin-turbo V-8.

At this point looking to do an LS3 or LT1 swap.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Not a G-body, but when i was very young my dad swapped a nissan diesel into an 80's chevy caprice. I dont remember all the details, but i think it was auto, and an inline 6. Thats all i know. We found it years later with a new owner and it was still going strong. I snapped this pic in 2007.

The really unusual part, is it was not in North America. So neither the car, nor the drive line were common.

Your Dad seems like a cool and creative chap!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor