motor keeps killin on me

Status
Not open for further replies.

houndin101

Master Mechanic
May 5, 2010
ok when my foot is on the gas its fine but when i let off o come to a stop it starts chugging generator light pops on and grey smoke starts and it dies....BUT does not do it all the time.yesterday did it 4 times on the way to autozone when we did the test drive didnt do it and drove home fine?????? i have no clue what it is battery and alt are fine and i had a full tank of gas

houndin101

Master Mechanic
May 5, 2010
sorry stock 350 with a 600c holley no comps

84GP455

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2007
Methuen Ma.
It sounds like a Holley problem to me, it may need to be rebuilt.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
have you adjusted the fast idle cam, idle mix, or choke? have you checked the timing?

houndin101

Master Mechanic
May 5, 2010
its a brand new holley and timing is at 8

houndin101

Master Mechanic
May 5, 2010
and no havent had a vacuum gauge to do an accurate jus by ear

bjohn07

Master Mechanic
May 9, 2010
houndin101 said:
and no havent had a vacuum gauge to do an accurate jus by ear
u should invest in one. that way u can get the mixture set right and cancel that one out. since its brand new prob just needs some adjustments.

houndin101

Master Mechanic
May 5, 2010
yea im lookin for a good one and i think i have a vacuum leak in the rear part of the motor...my instructor said it sounds like a vac leak also

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor