motor keeps killin on me

Status
Not open for further replies.

houndin101

Master Mechanic
May 5, 2010
i'll check it today and it wierd it does shut down cause everything goes out p/s and every thing and nose drops and all.....never had a none computer controlled vehicle jus shut down like this

Pontiac455

Master Mechanic
Jun 8, 2010
pontiacgp said:
455..I don't think the engine actually shut down since it wouldn't restart on it's own if it had. But you're right about that being a common problem

It sure would had the same prob B 4. The wires r full of greenys still connected but draw alot of current b c of the resistence. When this happens it becomes an open circut. Nuttin flowin so it becomes a closed circut again. like a pwr window circut breaker. Its just a stabb in the dark like everyother post, if i could diagnose stuff over the phone and Pc i would be a millionare. lol
The rig has to be in my shop. Bring her down I'll fix her....
:D

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
houndin101 said:
i'll check it today and it wierd it does shut down cause everything goes out p/s and every thing and nose drops and all.....never had a none computer controlled vehicle jus shut down like this

if it does shut down then it must be only for a second or 2 cause one the engine stops rotating it wouldn't restart unless you have a standard. If i were you I'd start the car and then start moving the wire harnesses to see if you have a loose or bad connection. The junction box for the electrical is just below the wiper motor

or take 455's suggestion and bring it into his shop if he's local....like he said trying to diagnose a car online is a hit or miss...

79malibu350

Master Mechanic
Mar 30, 2010
you know my cherokee did this, and it turned out to be a bad distributor. there's a metal contact in the middle on the inside (im no mechanic i dont know the technical name) but it either burnt off really quick or got stuck. the new one hung down a quarter inch or so but the bad one was in the almost flush with the plastic. and that one was only a couple months old. i changed it out and the problem was fixed. but it was doing the exact same thing.

houndin101

Master Mechanic
May 5, 2010
pontiacgp said:
houndin101 said:

if it does shut down then it must be only for a second or 2 cause one the engine stops rotating it wouldn't restart unless you have a standard. If i were you I'd start the car and then start moving the wire harnesses to see if you have a loose or bad connection. The junction box for the electrical is just below the wiper motor

or take 455's suggestion and bring it into his shop if he's local....like he said trying to diagnose a car online is a hit or miss...
well im auto and it is only for a second or 2 and were swappin dizzy this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor