motor mount brackets

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwrmedic

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 8, 2006
New York
I cant remember if you have an early 70's Pontiac motor going into a later model, didnt they have different engine block brackets? I cant remember, must be brain dead.

dexter047

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 16, 2005
raleigh, nc
i thought the change in brackets happened late sixties. i'm not sure about it, but it sounds right. i put a 73 400 in my 79 and it was ok, no problem with mounts. hope that was helpful.

79GP6.6L

Greasemonkey
Jul 7, 2006
Upstate NY
I'm pretty sure the change was late 60's as well, though I couldn't tell you what exact year it was.

I can tell you that I have a '70 400 block in my 79, and I'm using the 301 mounts and I think the 301 brackets as well (it's been a while since I've had to think about it). I had to space the brackets from the block slightly - using washers on the bracket bolts between the brackets and the block. That was the only issue I remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor