motor mounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

85cutlass

Greasemonkey
Dec 12, 2007
Oceanside, NY
I Have a chevy 350 all built ready to put in but need motor mounts that fit a 85 olds cutlass any ideas on were i can get them. websites or anything.

83cut350chev

Greasemonkey
Jan 2, 2007
Churchville, PA
you can get them at any local parts store, i jsut used stock sbc mounts

jerrycad472

Master Mechanic
Nov 11, 2006
Detroit, MI
Just tell them you need mounts for an 85 Monte Carlo with a 305. Those are the mounts you need.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
You will also need the block mounts from a Chevy V8 powered car from somewhere in the 70's thru the early 90's and the three short bolts that hold it to the block. The frame side is what you will get from the parts store. Be sure it is the whole clamshell and not just the biscuit. The clamshell is the metal part that surrounds the biscuit and will have the frame mounting holes in it, 2 per side. The biscuit will have 1 hole going through the middle where the block mount attaches with a 6 inch through bolt that joins the two parts.

85cutlass

Greasemonkey
Dec 12, 2007
Oceanside, NY
do you have to fabricate holes in the k-member to fit the mounts or they should line up.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
It's not a K member (It's not a Mopar or Fox-body Ford), it's just the frame, and the holes are all there already. Read my sticky in the engine swap forum for the complete list of everything needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor