Mouse smell HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Zep has a citrus degreaser/all purpose cleaner. I would use that. Anything citrus will help cover up the smell.

UgotBronx

Greasemonkey
Nov 10, 2012
NY
Peppermint oil from a candle shop or fragrance place will keep the mice and all rodents from returning. You can soak cotton balls and place them in the car or put it in a spray bottle and hit everything with it.

Coffee grinds and baking soda will absorb the odor but like posted above it might take a bit of time.

I used Peppermint oil to get rid of dead mouse smell from under my back seat. If you are sure that there are no dead bodies in there then the odor will go away with time and the home remedies mentioned..

GOOD LUCK!! :)

Nov 4, 2012
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Come to think of it, I remember using peppermint oil in my car. I diluted it in water 5:1, water:eek:il and it worked great.

celticsam

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 15, 2013
OK. Coffee grounds now placed in 4 small bowels on the floor in front of each seating position. I'll give that 2 weeks or so, then wash out the heater core. If I spray water there, will it drain outside the car or in? I don't want to mess up the new carpet...

MR442

G-Body Guru
Apr 1, 2010
Back woods Central PA
celticsam said:
You'd think that using an upholstery shampoo-er 3 times would clean the seats, but it has to be there or the heater core / evaporator. I'd hate to have to replace the seats...G-body seats in really good condition aren't that easy to find, but the smell has to go. If I spray into the heater box, where will it drain? I don't want it draining inside the car...and i'd rather not have to remove the whole box from the firewall...if that even possible to do intact.

Neil

Those foam seat would have to be soaked to point of dripping out bottom to get all stick out.

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
Its coming from your dash air ducting, guaranteed.
Ive seen quite a few moused cars and they like to live in the plentum behind the dash.
I would remove the dash gauge surround and check it out.
You may need to remove the dash and clean the plentum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor