muffler options

Status
Not open for further replies.

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
ok so im about to finish up my buick and get the engine init. i dont really have the money to get the exhaust done. my question is has anyone ever run flowtech purple hornies(header muffler) im looking for something that could bolt up to my headers and just dump under the car for now. let me know guys

8GPLE7

Apprentice
Mar 24, 2007
Az.
I have never run or heard the purple hornies, but I hear they're pretty loud. As long as you don't mind DRONE . But I'd also check and make sure it will clear the trans crossmember on the driver side. I imagine it might hit. Another thing to note is the legality of the noise it will make. Might not be street legal, but since your running full length headers I doubt your concerned about legality. 8)

I run full length headers also,no cats, to an x-pipe out to a pair of Ravin mufflers. I used to work at Midas and that was their performance muffler. I wanted something different since everyone and their mother has Flowmaster. But I don't mean to jack your thread. I'd be interested in hearing those Hornies :twisted:

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
i have a gforce crossmember so im hoping they will clear. ive just never run a glass pack and dont know how they sound. the main thing is i dont know if ill have the money to get the whole exhaust done. plus im still looking for a passenger fender for the 80 regal, those things are hard to come by.

nabob_blaster

Apprentice
Jul 22, 2007
I tried the hornies and they wouldn't clear my crossmember and it's notched and boxed for duals went with 2 1/2" thrush glass packs with 3"turn downs believe me on a 20 mile trek to work will give you a frigging headache but it scares the crap out of some one when you pass them a 6000 rpm in second :lol:

Cole

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 28, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Purple hornies are LOUD and rough sounding. My brother has them on his 78 F150 351M. As others have mentioned, the big bodies on those mufflers are unlikely to clear your crossmember. You could stick flex pipes in after the headers and hang cheapo turbo mufflers behind the crossmember. This would get you going and not sound too bad until you can get nicer exhaust in

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor