My 11 CTS-V Build Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Good Morning Zdeckich & all; It's uncannie how similar our taste is in automobiles. When I went looking for a GuTOo I was envisioning your car, smooth hood & rear valance. But the credit union loan officer suggested I get an 05 or 06 as I purchased mine in December of 06. It's an 05 & had been titled by GM, had 4700 miles on it when I drove off the lot. I think it was one of the ones evolved in that train wreck back in the summer of 05? The dealers were giving (not quite) them away as they couldn't sell them for anywhere near list price. The dealer I got mine from had 7 of them & Holden (GM) hadn't made any since August of 06! We both went with the silver & black theme. Note my side marker lights are clear where yours were black & both without the rear shelf (wing). We both have Malibu's (OK yours is a wagon) & I've been looking at CTS station wagons, for a DD! So where do you live? Are you doing any days at Power Tour, Drag Week? I also post with the CHC (Chicago Holden Connection) & Ls1 GTO forums. We are having a number of meets this summer & a couple of the other guys have sold their Holden's & moved on to CTSv's you would fit right in. Check out the Holden Summer Solstice Meet June 11th Eagle Lake Wisconsin & Egyptian Nights August 19th Des Plaines. Ill. I'm also considering a visit to Car Craft Nat's at Bowling Green Ky. mid July. Ole Bob.
Ps: A picture of my winter storage wheels.

Attachments

• 15-11_GTO_2.JPG
    15-11_GTO_2.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 233

abadwillys

Greasemonkey
May 30, 2016
NY
I Love the V's they are badass i dont own one, i drive a regular 3.6L CTS for a DD, but i am a Cadillac Tech,
we had a low miles '11 V Coupe come in on Trade last week, and i considered buying it, but the Love affair was short lived when i thought about the monies ide spend modding it because i cant drive stock!

Reactions: 1 user

zdeckich

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
Good Morning Zdeckich & all; It's uncannie how similar our taste is in automobiles. When I went looking for a GuTOo I was envisioning your car, smooth hood & rear valance. But the credit union loan officer suggested I get an 05 or 06 as I purchased mine in December of 06. It's an 05 & had been titled by GM, had 4700 miles on it when I drove off the lot. I think it was one of the ones evolved in that train wreck back in the summer of 05? The dealers were giving (not quite) them away as they couldn't sell them for anywhere near list price. The dealer I got mine from had 7 of them & Holden (GM) hadn't made any since August of 06! We both went with the silver & black theme. Note my side marker lights are clear where yours were black & both without the rear shelf (wing). We both have Malibu's (OK yours is a wagon) & I've been looking at CTS station wagons, for a DD! So where do you live? Are you doing any days at Power Tour, Drag Week? I also post with the CHC (Chicago Holden Connection) & Ls1 GTO forums. We are having a number of meets this summer & a couple of the other guys have sold their Holden's & moved on to CTSv's you would fit right in. Check out the Holden Summer Solstice Meet June 11th Eagle Lake Wisconsin & Egyptian Nights August 19th Des Plaines. Ill. I'm also considering a visit to Car Craft Nat's at Bowling Green Ky. mid July. Ole Bob.
Ps: A picture of my winter storage wheels.

Your GTO looks great!! So you added the 06 tails? If you got one of the train wreck GTO's thats bad *ss, alot of them where crushed. I remember when that happened. Im in TX and was apart of the North Texas Holden Heard and was also on ls1gto.com/ls2gto.com Havent been on there in a long time. I sold my GTO years back. I still miss it though. But i can tell we have very similar taste in cars and mods lol. I really wanted a CTS-V Wagon but could never find one in my price range. For a wagon with the miles like my car and the shape its in would have been $50k+ i paid $35k for mine. Just wasn't in the budget.

zdeckich

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
Got the car back Friday afternoon. Car made 596rwhp and 601rwtq in E60. higher content E like E70+ it would make 600+rwhp
dyno.jpg
dyno1.jpg
dyno2.jpg
dyno3.jpg

zdeckich

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
Got bored and painted the strut tower brace, added the FK Motorsports sticker and clear coated it.

fk.jpg
fk1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor