My 1978 Monte Carlo Build and Restoration Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BowtiesOnly

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 27, 2011
haha, yeah, are you talking about the guy from canado who reproduces them? I've checked him out and that's definately what I'll end up doing, I hope the frames good though, the cars like two different vehicles, doors up and clean as hell, but from the rear end back is pretty rough. haha. We'll see what happens, I'm in no rush it runs and drives great, and I can got a lick and stick so I'm content. 8)

78MC-BBC

Master Mechanic
Jan 29, 2008
yup that canadian guy, ive seen some of other monte with those horns, also let me know if you need some parts i have some spares and know of a 79 Monte in a junkyard near me.

i've got a spare center console with bread box, lower door panels w/spots for speakers from the grand nationals, tail lights, park lights. I dont know if your aware or not but the 78 and 79 have different tail lights and park lights.

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
78MC-BBC said:
yup that canadian guy, ive seen some of other monte with those horns, also let me know if you need some parts i have some spares and know of a 79 Monte in a junkyard near me.

i've got a spare center console with bread box, lower door panels w/spots for speakers from the grand nationals, tail lights, park lights. I dont know if your aware or not but the 78 and 79 have different tail lights and park lights.
If bowtie is not interested,in the lower door panels id definetly would be.there the ones with the "concert sound" speaker covers yes?

78MC-BBC

Master Mechanic
Jan 29, 2008
yup they are the ones with the concert sound 2 covers, i have 2 sets of them. i will check tonight and take some pics, one set is grey with grey carpet and other is grey with black carpet. i have to figure out which ones i need for my 78

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
allrighty :D either set will works for me.whenever youre ready you can pm me with the pics,thank you.

BowtiesOnly

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 27, 2011
Yeah I'm just gonna do some kind of aluminum door panel delete plate if it gets to that point, I like the look, and it goes with the drag car look I've kinda got going. I'll definately keep in touch though, thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor