My 1983 Regal *10/13/08* The car is Gone! Pix!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bourbon

Master Mechanic
Aug 23, 2007
PA
www.myspace.com
The start:

CIMG2699.jpg

CIMG2700.jpg

CIMG2698.jpg

CIMG2701.jpg

that looks pretty nice.
what size tires are those?

damn, your car is looking pretty close to what i am doing. i tried the 20s on mine with the 245 35 20s and i had to cut the wheel wells like you. my question is how the hell to i get wheel wells to work witht this setup so i dont thrash my polished engine? i had to go back to 17s for now but i am pulling them for the cutty now and the 20s are going back on. so you are notcning it? not sure that you know but it also requires a notch on your frame for the driveshaft also. i decided against it, i have blown a air line at 60 mph before and it was not fun, i cant imagine doing it with a notch cause i would have rolled my car if i had a notch at that time. i really like the car!!

Looks good. Are you doing a "C" notch or a step notch? Im going tomorrow to get metal to do a "C" notch on mine. Also are you doing tubs in the rear?

Reagalman4925 inorder to keep your engine bay clean with the 20s go to Northern tool company or a trailer supply and buy trailer fenders. You can weld them to the inner fender. like this......
sergio20039.jpg

yeah we are going to notch the frame this weekend. i am going to z the front and modify the frame so i will need to do a whole new tunnel so notching for the drive shaft wont matter, wont be too much more work at that point. we will be doing a bridge then tubbing it and just covering it all with removable panels. the trailer fender idea is the best way to keep the engine compartment clean.

i have been pondering that idea, tractor supply company sells them in town, my buddy uses them for chopper fenders. i am just wondering about getting it all together and clean looking. i will be looking at mid summer before i start messing with all of that stuff.

looks good! are you rolling with it locked up? i just drove mine for the first time today on air and i have to be almost fully locked up to drive safely....

does your front wheels rub allot when dropped all the way? i have not driven mine with the 20s on it but the 17s rubbed pretty bad when lowered down but i think the offest was wrong on them, too deep

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor