My 1983 Regal *10/13/08* The car is Gone! Pix!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have s10 dual piston setup and most of a ls1 setup that i am using with or with out the 20s on mine. i agree though, big brakes are a must with big wheels plus they look sick with huge rotors!

i will be swapping the back brakes for disk but thats about it for now, i dont drive fast so i wont be hammering the brakes much, but will want more stopping power for panic stops. i have to drive all the wayy up to clear the tires, i will be going to a 225 30 up front so thast will help

You dont want to drive with the car locked up, it makes the car ride stiff and is dangerous when trying to stop. Plus its not good on the airbags to be fully inflated you can blow the bag. You should have no problems with turning and driving with the car lifted about half way. I use to drive mine down U.S. 19 and Dale mabry (long main roads) all the way down and only lift it to turn.

i am curious since there are several with us who have bags on this topic. what do you guys run for batteries and alternator?? i "was" running two optimas and a 150 amp alt and it did not seen to keep up. i am running a viair 380 and 450 along with a stereo with 4 amps and then neons and what not but even with all besides air ride turned off i would crash my batts all the time. just curious to see any possible solutions

i only have a red top. i dont have my sub hooked up yet, but thats all im running and it seems good. i have dual 480's and an 8 gallon tank.

I only had one battery and one amp with 2 12s and one viar 380 and i never had a problem. Make sure you are using a thick enough power wire and you have good grounds. Maybe even upgrade to a 180 amp alt since you have 4 amps.

i was running the 150 amp alt with a 4 gauge off of it and 0 gauge to all distribution blocks, 4 gauge to each amp and 8 gauge to the two pumps, all grounds match the size of the power wire and were ground strait to the body on clean surfaces. i think its jsut all the stuff hoooked up and the fact that i like to hit switches.

another question, what bags are you running? i am running 2500s up front and have heard that maybe 2600s are better due to the fact that they take less air to get up??? the front is hard to lift, the back darts up.

i have slam re7's in mine. the same with me the back shoots up and the front takes a second longer, but i think its because my rear ines are like 2 or 3 feet long and the front are like 10 or so feet long. longer travel time.

Started cutting it all up to make room for the notches and such. will have to cut the wheel wells out to make new tubs too. It will lay the frame in the back when we are done. I got some smaller tires for the front today thanks to RA POOP, so hopefully that will bring the front down some more so i can see what else to do to lay the frame up front. Also got some pretty *ss chrome adjustable trailling arms today for the back thanks to Fleck.

DSCN0522.jpg

DSCN0523.jpg

DSCN0524.jpg

DSCN0525.jpg

DSCN0526.jpg

DSCN0527.jpg

DSCN0528.jpg

Looks good got any pics from the outside with everything cut out? As for you guys having trouble getting the front up you can use 2600s but you will definetly need to addd shocks, with 2500 you dont need shocks. Also if your only filling to 150 psi its going to take two hits to get the front up. Go to 200 psi and you will have no problems lifting the front. When my tank was maxed out at like 210 psi it would hop the wheels off the ground on the first hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor