My 1985 Pontiac Grand Prix Project... (56K go take a poop)

Status
Not open for further replies.

averagewhiteboy

Master Mechanic
Jun 7, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Hey guys...

I took the GP down to my grandparents to store / work on it over the winter last week. I cleaned it up pretty good and snapped a few pics. Well... Alot of pics. Here's a few. I also inserted the pics of when I got the car too. Enjoy.

1985 Pontiac Grand Prix base model

231ci 3.8L V6 - 3 speed auto (column)

factory green/green/green

factory options: 14' Rally-II wheels, rear defroster, Landau top, A/C(?)

Repairs: DIY rust removal, DIY sanding, DIY primering, side bumper trim removed, polished chrome everywhere

Current Modifications: Alpine CD player, 4 black floormats, muffler removed, throw-in center console, 85 Monte LS ashtray

Soon-To-Be Modifications: white letter tires, refurbish Rally-II's, full brake job, paint carpet, re-do black Landau top, finish sanding and primering, install a muffler, chrome-top air cleaner, Rally gauges, column mounted tach, etc.

The Car:

IMG_4639.jpg

Before I bought it.

IMG_5220.jpg

IMG_5222.jpg

IMG_5231.jpg

IMG_5206.jpg

IMG_5202.jpg

IMG_5245.jpg

For the haters.

IMG_5254.jpg

My rides.

:wink:

evan

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 14, 2006
Saskatoon, SK
Did you replace (or repair) the door skin and fender, or was that done before you bought it?

What's next?

averagewhiteboy

Master Mechanic
Jun 7, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Soon-To-Be Modifications: white letter tires, refurbish Rally-II's, full brake job, paint carpet, re-do black Landau top, finish sanding and primering, install a muffler, chrome-top air cleaner, Rally gauges, column mounted tach, etc.

:wink:

Actually, you can't really tell from the first picture, but the door and fender were poorly done with flat green paint. It looked terrible in even the best conditions. So that was just where I started primering first. I'm eventually wrapping all the way around the car. Probably this friday (tomorrow) sand and primer the rest of the front (hood, bumpers, passenger fender). More if I can. And I need to fix something inside the drivers door. The handle doesn't work from the outside. So That's on friday. And I'm gonna change transmission fluid pretty soon too...

Chevyman85

G-Body Guru
Oct 25, 2006
Bonney Lake, WA
You deff. have a lot of work to do! But the interior looks like it is in good shape, and those rally wheels dont look bad. Fixing them up will give it an awesome stock look! Man, that 231 looks tiny in there! But it'll be a great project car that for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor