My 78 Grand Lemans & 81 Lemans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mach1Guy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 23, 2008
Kingston Ontario
www.machwon.com
Finally was able to take some pictures of my 2 G-bodies together. Had the 78 for 15yrs (was 1st car) and just picked the 81 up this past week. Hope you enjoy the pictures.

1981Lemans61.jpg

1981Lemans62.jpg

1981Lemans63.jpg

1981Lemans64.jpg

1981Lemans65.jpg

1981Lemans66.jpg

1981Lemans67.jpg

1981Lemans68.jpg

1981Lemans69.jpg

1981Lemans70.jpg

1981Lemans71.jpg

1981Lemans72.jpg

1981Lemans73.jpg

1981Lemans74.jpg

1981Lemans75.jpg

1981Lemans76.jpg

is the yellow thing in the background yours too?

Uncletruck, thats a kewl car you have.....looks to be in really good shape and close to the same colour as my 81.

My 78 Grand Lemans had a V6 231 Buick originally, it now has a moreless stock 350 with Turbo 350 Trans w/shift kit. 2 1/2" dual exhaust with headers. Also has a Limited Slip with 3:73 gears. Works good enough to get in trouble and wear out tires LOL

Now the 81, thats another story, its 100% stock in the drivetrain. V6 229 Chevy motor with 55,000 Km's. Auto and I am not sure of the gear ration yet. I have no plans to do anything with it (other then Delco battery and a new hold down system) and not even sure if I am going to detail it either. Kinda want to leave it as original as possible. Here are a couple pictures of the under hood of the 81 (click to enlarge)

nice looking cars, but I have a dumb question.

Are those plastic/fiberglass bumpers? I know my 84 Grand Prix is plastic on the top, but chrome steel on the bottom. If they are plastic, I wonder if they could swap onto my GP.

dougfather, don't think there is any such thing as a dumb question. Not sure if the bumpers are plactic but I think they are more of a Urathan rubber bumper. Its been a while since I sold my Grand Prix but I think the material u are thinking of is a harder plastic. I am not sure if the Grand Lemans/Lemans (grand am also uses the same design) would follow the same lines as your Grand Prix. My front bumper is the same piece all the way to the hood....I'll go shot a couple pic's for ya
Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor