Bought this 79 monte AKA "lola" little over 2 years ago

The day i brought er home, November 07
AaaAA.jpg

And so it begins!!!!!
DSC02476.jpg

DSC02478.jpg

Picture035.jpg

Picture032.jpg

69 chevelle 12 bolt shortened to stock g-body width and brackets, 3.42 posi with custom dutchman axles
Picture038.jpg

Picture036.jpg

Carlola

Master Mechanic
Feb 5, 2011
Re: My 79

Thanks, Car will be a sunday and road trip cruiser but still able to get up and go.

I have a 355 that was originally built for drag racing (400-420hp guesstimate), i have been collecting all the parts to "street it down" smaller cam, street avenger carb ect, hoping to sit around 350hp. Plan is 700r4, should have frame boxed by end of the month. Gonna make some custom wood trim for the interior including bezels, dash inserts and a hidden cigar humidor. 60/40 bench with black leather on dark red inserts. Paint will be tri-stage candy brandywine over black diamond base with plenty of clear.

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York

Sweet.Frame looks great and I love the 12 bolt...My 1st G-Body was a '79 Monte Carlo...BTW, Welcome to GBF!!! 8)

Carlola

Master Mechanic
Feb 5, 2011

Much obliged everyone,
Yes i have a custom 4 speed crossmember made for duals and has an attached safety loop. Just waiting for time to box the frame and lenghten the mount position on drivers side

Carlola

Master Mechanic
Feb 5, 2011

Priming suspension parts, Front is almost all stock except for Spohn steering rebuild kit and poly bushings all round
DSCF0136.jpg

Picture004.jpg

My 80 T-top factory turbo (original drivetrain was taken atleast 2 owners ago) organ doner. Drivetrain pulled, rest of car sold... wasnt a fan of T-top look, very handy but not as "sleek" IMO
DSC02080.jpg

breeaad

Greasemonkey
Jun 4, 2009
Hendersonville Tennessee

Hidden cigar humidor?? That has got to be one of the most unique ideas I have heard recently!! Love it!!! Where do you plan on placing it, or would that kill the whole "hidden" idea??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor