CUTLASS My 82 Cutlass Supreme

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Wm. Zick

Drag Racer Forever !!!
Supporting Member
Jun 10, 2021
Winter Haven, Florida
The glass headlight housings are JS Power part# HL04X4.. They work with H4 bulbs.. The LED H4 bulbs are Aukee 6000k Cool white H4 conversions Part #659516951940.. I know there are issues with some LED headlights flickering or going out prematurely and haven't had these long enough to see how good they really are but so far so good.. The 4x6 headlight housings are decent enough.. They look very close to stock and fit on car perfect.. I know there is another brand Hella that also makes the 4x6 glass housings but they are more expensive.. I will keep you posted on the LED bulbs as I use them more. Also I would love to have a 454 in my ride that would be awesome!
Thanks so much for the info on the lites................

82CutSupreme

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 15, 2021
Well... It looks like I will have to rewire the headlights because the low beam and high beams are reversed... I haven't driven the car at night since I installed them and tonight I was blinding everyone on I-95 🤦‍♂️ for now I just unplugged the center lights and am rolling with the brights switched on so that is it really low beams... Simple to rewire so I'm not stressed...

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Well... It looks like I will have to rewire the headlights because the low beam and high beams are reversed... I haven't driven the car at night since I installed them and tonight I was blinding everyone on I-95 🤦‍♂️ for now I just unplugged the center lights and am rolling with the brights switched on so that is it really low beams... Simple to rewire so I'm not stressed...
Easy job, a small thin flat head to release the tabs, make sure they're not flat, install in the other's cavity, lights on as the way they should be.

• Agree
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users

John Wm. Zick

Drag Racer Forever !!!
Supporting Member
Jun 10, 2021
Winter Haven, Florida
Unless someone replaced the rear in that car, it will definitely be the 7.5". And, unless the original owner ordered a posi, it will be an open differential.
Joe, I'm in Winter Haven, FL. I thought that '86 was the last of the "G-Body style." Yours's looks great! JZ

82CutSupreme

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 15, 2021
IMG_2096.jpg
IMG_2101.jpg

Threw on some 13's 😁 gotta clean the blue stuff off the white walls and throw the chips on the knock off's but couldn't wait to take these pics and post them... Lowrider in progress 😎

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor