My '83 Caprice Wagon project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flat Broke

Apprentice
Aug 19, 2012
Slidell, Louisiana
This is my current project I bought almost 2 years ago. It had a blown engine and was sitting behind a Honda dealership. I new the service director and asked about it and he told me it was just sitting and they would probably make me a good deal on it. After months of me asking about it finally one Sunday he called and told me if I wanted it to come with a trailer Monday morning because they were scrapping some of the totals and junks and if I didn't come they would junk it because it was worth about $400 in scrap. Wrong thing to tell me because he said offer them something for it and since I knew they were willing to take scrap price for it, I gave them scrap price offer + $100 for the wheels.

Attachments

• 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    1,013 KB · Views: 2,022

Flat Broke

Apprentice
Aug 19, 2012
Slidell, Louisiana
Thanks. The rims are 15x7 front 15x10 rear with a 275/60 R 15 tire. They were on thier when I bought it so not sure of the back spacing. The big cars (B-bodies) are also a 5 on 5 lug pattern like the trucks.

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
MAN,i have a exCEllent 89 complete header panel(lights,grill,etc)that would set that wagon OFF!!!pm me,we'll converse :wink:

Flat Broke

Apprentice
Aug 19, 2012
Slidell, Louisiana
1badchevy said:
Sweeeet ride man. What you got drive train wise???
In November I am putting a 383/ 200 4r with a 2000 convertor in it. I have nothing in it right now. I bought it with a blown 305 for $500. I also have a 350 bored .020 with flat tops and vortec heads and a 280 cam I am putting together and just keep running into one problem after the other so I got the 383 that is ready to go in so that is probably the way I am going to go now. Inside the car is really nice with no rips or tears and a perfect dash. It should be a hi-way cruisin' tank by the first of the year!

1badchevy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 19, 2012
Flat Broke said:
1badchevy said:
In November I am putting a 383/ 200 4r with a 2000 convertor in it. I have nothing in it right now. I bought it with a blown 305 for $500. I also have a 350 bored .020 with flat tops and vortec heads and a 280 cam I am putting together and just keep running into one problem after the other so I got the 383 that is ready to go in so that is probably the way I am going to go now. Inside the car is really nice with no rips or tears and a perfect dash. It should be a hi-way cruisin' tank by the first of the year!

sweet man. the 383 is gonna be perfect. plenty of the torque you gonna need for that boat, and the 200r (if properly built) will make for a great highway cruiser. im preparing now to put a 350 in my caprice and ride it till it blow. then bore it to a 355 or 360. but that wagon gonna turn heads when finished. best of luck

Flat Broke

Apprentice
Aug 19, 2012
Slidell, Louisiana
1badchevy said:
Flat Broke said:
1badchevy said:

sweet man. the 383 is gonna be perfect. plenty of the torque you gonna need for that boat, and the 200r (if properly built) will make for a great highway cruiser. im preparing now to put a 350 in my caprice and ride it till it blow. then bore it to a 355 or 360. but that wagon gonna turn heads when finished. best of luck

Thanks. I think it will think it is a 4000lbs car instead of 5000lbs wagon! :rofl:

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
nice, I love wagons!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor