My 83 Wagon

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
I thought I would have the brakes together by the end of today but I wanted to put in the emergency brake cables in first. Should have them tomorrow. At least I got the wheel cylinders and lines installed. Ive had those lines buried up in the attic of my garage for years. They came in the set I bought for the 81 but I never got to use them. They wouldnt work with the Moser 12 bolt. Rule number 1, never throw anything away until everythings finished !

IMG_1810.JPG
IMG_1811.JPG
IMG_1812.JPG

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
More progress, no pictures.
Got the rest of the body cleaned up and undercoated with 3M Body Schutz. Im kinda sorry I used it on this car but I started with it so I had to use it on the whole thing. I ran out after using the stuff I had in my garage. Went to the local body shop supply and they dont keep it in stock any more. Too many new products out that are better and cheaper. If I had to do it again I would have used U pol Raptor. I know a guy that does a lot of cars and thats all he uses. Fortunately there wont be any more projects in my garage. LOL
For anyone building a project and in need of metric hardware, Belmetric in MA has a ton of stuff in stock. I just ordered 10.9 10MM flange bolts and matching prevailing torque flange lock nuts for my rear sway bar this morning. Its already shipped and I'll have them tomorrow. Not too bad.
With some luck some of my friends will be around one night this week and I can get them to give me a hand getting that rear back in.

Reactions: 1 user

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
A little more done. Had two of my friends help me tonight. It actually went in a lot easier than the Moser in the 81. Tomorrow I start putting the emergency brake cables and the rest of the brake stuff back in.

IMG_1824.JPG

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Rear brakes are done. I wound up using the one piece lever from a new G body instead of the two piece that came on the car. It made it a little easier putting it back together. Just need to bleed the system. Once thats done I can get the wagon back on the ground, move it over and pull the dash out of the coupe. This craps getting old... lol

IMG_1834.JPG
IMG_1835.JPG

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
I never knew these were inter changeable. The bottom one makes it easier to assemble since its one solid piece.
37620961_10217074961973327_2737171623969816576_n.jpg
H2623__ra_p.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Everything is looking good, Mich.
Don't complain about crap getting old....you love it. :p It's all therapy for us old geezers. :D
Keep up the good work. (y)

• Agree

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Everything is looking good, Mich.
Don't complain about crap getting old....you love it. :p It's all therapy for us old geezers. :D
Keep up the good work. (y)

I used to enjoy it Jack. These days its becoming a pain in the butt. Im just glad I have the time to do it. To be honest I'd rather be doing something else. Like Even poking holes in paper at 100 yards. LOL

Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I used to enjoy it Jack. These days its becoming a pain in the butt. Im just glad I have the time to do it. To be honest I'd rather be doing something else. Like Even poking holes in paper at 100 yards. LOL
Mich,
I guess I'd have to agree with you there. It was more fun in our heyday...like in our 20's.

• Agree

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
I know its been a slow month as far as updates. My laptop finally gave up so Ive been looking around for a replacement. Finally bought a new one the other day. Its got the newest version of Windows 10 so I have to get used to it. Im kinda pissed. It looks like I lost all my email contacts and all the favorites in Chrome. I had close to 100 contacts and about the same favorites. Ive got a guy trying to pull the info off the old drive tonight. He got most of my photos so maybe he can get more. Hes an IT guy at my old job.
As far as the wagon, I got the a proportioning valve from Inline Tube and had Classic Tube make two new lines from the master to the valve. I took the valve apart and I was pretty shocked to see a ton of rust inside considering most of the internals were brass. Junk.
One bit of advice for anyone buying a new valve from Inline, look for the valve on Ebay. Inline has them for $85. They were on Ebay for $39. When I called and spoke to the salesman he said they sell them much cheaper on Ebay under two different sellers names. Same valve. He sold me the valve for $45 shipped. I bought one for the coupe at the same time. Pays to shop.
So, the valves mounted. Lines are in. Nothing leaking at the valve. I had a piece of cardboard under the master for 3 days and it was dry as a bone. I started to bleed the system today with a Mighty Vac and all of a sudden I have a leak at the master. The line to the rear. Loosened up the fitting, moved it a little and snugged it up again. So far so good. I really think SS lines are a pain in the *ss.
I just cant believe I have to do this twice.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor