My 86 Cutlass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blues Cruise

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 24, 2010
Philadelphia
Hey folks, I came across this forum recently after getting an amazing deal on an '86 Cutlass for only $2600 bucks. Besides a few very minor problems (scratches, a few burnt out lights, and a few other new parts) it's in amazing shape and runs beautifully with no problems. She was previously garage kept for around 16 years and only has a little over 40,000 miles on her. I'm only fifteen at the moment but in a few months I'll have my driver's license and will be able to fully love her, but for now she's in the process of being prettied up.

Cutlass_Back_Sept_23rd_2010.jpg

cutlass_engine_sept_23rd_2010.jpg

Cutlass_Front_sept_22_2010.jpg

cutlass_interior1_sept_23rd_2010.jpg

cutlass_interior2_sept_23rd_2010.jpg

cutlass_sept_22_2010.jpg

cutlass_trunk_sept_23rd_2010.jpg

I'm working on getting some new rims and fatter tires along with a new exhaust and speaker system soon enough. If only money grew on trees..

edit: new pic as of 12/22/2013
5UIhP.jpg

yes sir!

looks real clean i remember when i had the wire wheel hubcaps, new rims will change everything

Looking pretty clean! you got a good deal on that seeing that by the looks completely stock and garage kept at that. Garage kept is a rare find now a days, I'm not an expert on cutlasses but by the looks is that an limited edition? I just noticed the power windows and door locks along with all the chrome trim. Anyways good luck with it.

Wow man thats one of the nicest i've seen in a while, If it were me i'd leave it the way it is, only thing i'd change is the rims and fluids, congrats, enjoy and take care of her...........BTW my 300th post :mrgreen:

Thanks for the comments guys, I don't plan to change her much, but I'm sure the few I will do will be perfect.

I've been contemplating painting the grille black to go with the new set of rims (once I get them), what do you guys think?

nice 86 lil guy. that thing is clean and the rag is in great shape. mine is from down south and yours may be even cleaner than mine. wow. nice sh*t for a 15 year old

Blues Cruise said:
Thanks for the comments guys, I don't plan to change her much, but I'm sure the few I will do will be perfect.

I've been contemplating painting the grille black to go with the new set of rims (once I get them), what do you guys think?

Don't ruin the nice grills by painting them. If you really want them painted, get a set of crappier ones and paint them. I might be able to find some that don't look so nice, and I would buy the ones you have off of you since I need some nicer ones.

dan2286 said:
Blues Cruise said:

Don't ruin the nice grills by painting them. If you really want them painted, get a set of crappier ones and paint them. I might be able to find some that don't look so nice, and I would buy the ones you have off of you since I need some nicer ones.

Once again, I'm still up in the air about painting them. I'll probably photoshop an image of it to see how it looks and if I don't like it, I won't do it.

Blues Cruise said:
dan2286 said:
Blues Cruise said:

Once again, I'm still up in the air about painting them. I'll probably photoshop an image of it to see how it looks and if I don't like it, I won't do it.

I'm not trying to say not to do it, just find some crappier ones to do it to. It's getting harder and harder to find ones as nice as yours. Others have done it and it looks good. I actually think there is a recent thread about blacking out the trim. There should be some pics in there.

redsx2434 said:
looks real clean i remember when i had the wire wheel hubcaps, new rims will change everything

this is true, rims make a huge difference nice lookin cutty

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor