My aching 60’ foot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kemper1976

Greasemonkey
Jul 25, 2017
Topeka, KS
Without knowing additional specifics of your combo, I’d try a few things.

• Increase timing
• Recurve the distributor to bring timing in sooner
• Try different fuel- not knowing what you run, more octane doesn’t mean more power.
• Change jets- assuming it’s Carbureted
• Have someone video the car launching to see if it’s spinning, unloading, twisting etc...

Reactions: 1 user

1320John$$$

G-Body Guru
Sep 18, 2019
Pennsylvania
Give Kemp some straight answers and we might get somewhere.

Means your HP isn't changing
When you spin off the line your MPH goes up and if I was having mechanical issues the car wouldn’t be pulling 120 miles an hour for the last 13 years so let’s get back to my original question has anybody ever tried using vacuum advance Was bench racing with a couple of guys after the race yesterday and one of them suggested playing with my valve lash to fool the engine into thinking It has a smaller camshaft and see what happens
And then maybe it’s just the nature of the beast and that’s all I’m gonna get from it

1320John$$$

G-Body Guru
Sep 18, 2019
Pennsylvania

• Increase timing
• Try different fuel- not knowing what you run, more octane doesn’t mean more power.
• Have someone video the car launching to see if it’s spinning, unloading, twisting etc...

1320John$$$

G-Body Guru
Sep 18, 2019
Pennsylvania

• Increase timing
You would have to call me on the phone because it would take forever to type out all the specs on both vehicles

Kemper1976

Greasemonkey
Jul 25, 2017
Topeka, KS
When you spin off the line your MPH goes up and if I was having mechanical issues the car wouldn’t be pulling 120 miles an hour for the last 13 years so let’s get back to my original question has anybody ever tried using vacuum advance Was bench racing with a couple of guys after the race yesterday and one of them suggested playing with my valve lash to fool the engine into thinking It has a smaller camshaft and see what happens
And then maybe it’s just the nature of the beast and that’s all I’m gonna get from it
Race car = no vacuum advance.
Street car = use vacuum advance

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

1320John$$$

G-Body Guru
Sep 18, 2019
Pennsylvania
I don’t have vacuum advance on either car but you have tried this and it does not work or you’re just saying this because that’s the norm and everybody already knows that PM me give me your number and I’ll give you a call

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
When you spin off the line your MPH goes up and if I was having mechanical issues the car wouldn’t be pulling 120 miles an hour for the last 13 years so let’s get back to my original question has anybody ever tried using vacuum advan

If you believe that it's fine - After 13 years in the seat you would know spin or even looping the tires. If you think about it your converter flashes to 4000 and vac advance does nothing @ wot and centrifugal adv is all in. On both the Sonoma and the Regal the timing is locked out. The Regal is running a stock block 350 (L-82) and 60's at 1.48 to 1.52 depending on if I am running 28 or 29 tall tires

Reactions: 2 users

Kemper1976

Greasemonkey
Jul 25, 2017
Topeka, KS
I don’t have vacuum advance on either car but you have tried this and it does not work or you’re just saying this because that’s the norm and everybody already knows that PM me give me your number and I’ll give you a call
I don’t typically make mention of things unless I’ve done it. Hope you get it figured out.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
Race cars don't have vacuum until after the finish line. Vacuum advance does nothing for a race car.

• Agree

1320John$$$

G-Body Guru
Sep 18, 2019
Pennsylvania
I don’t typically make mention of things unless I’ve done it. Hope you get it figured out.
I only have two weekends left and due to a rule change pro cars are allowed to run transmission brakes so I will be changing over

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor