My aching 60’ foot

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
With a 4,000 stall, why aren't you leaving at 4,000?

1320John$$$

G-Body Guru
Sep 18, 2019
Pennsylvania
If you believe that it's fine - After 13 years in the seat you would know spin or even looping the tires. If you think about it your converter flashes to 4000 and vac advance does nothing @ wot and centrifugal adv is all in. On both the Sonoma and the Regal the timing is locked out. The Regal is running a stock block 350 (L-82) and 60's at 1.48 to 1.52 depending on if I am running 28 or 29 tall tires
The wallace racing calculator puts the car at a 1.5
And again how do you know if you haven’t tried it yes the vacuum advance goes away when the throttle blades open because 0 inches mercury but it’s there for a split second so without trying it you how would ever know if it helps
I left the car alone because I thought the Soft leave was helping me now that I’m going to change it to a trans brake and the year is already over I didn’t make the cut in points For brackets I decided to go after it and see if there was room for improvement and with running two cars in two different classes it’s not easy to go after one with your hands full on a regular point schedule I had room to breathe this year with the engine breaking in other car and the pandemic happening with points not starting till June and ending in August
Now the next thing I have to decide on is do I use a 400th or 350th with the trans break most guys are th400 I have both and the trans brakes about the same in price it’s the converter I’m gonna worry about

1320John$$$

G-Body Guru
Sep 18, 2019
Pennsylvania
Sure. But in test-n-tune / qualifying, what is your 60 ft?

If your brakes can't hold it, do you have a line lock or do you do a brake stand burnout?
It’s always been a 1.7 and I hold it to the brake for heating the tires I can hold it to 3000rpm never tried it at any other rpm and it was in my garage never at the track didn’t feel the need

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Launching at 1500 with a converter that stalls to 3k is, umm, silly.
Your tc should stall to where you are just hitting the power band or 3-500 rpms below it.

What is your trap rpm? Or do you know where peak HP is?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor