my build up thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

79malibu

Master Mechanic
Jul 30, 2007
south dakota
pics

thats nice. would you still happen to have those stock wheels in the pic?

1988montess

Greasemonkey
Aug 14, 2007
thats the thing, its just CLEAN not painted yet.

1988montess

Greasemonkey
Aug 14, 2007
forgot about you guys!!! ive been pretty busy with other sh*t and havent had time to work on the car. but i will be sanding it down in the next couple weeks getting it ready for shaving the handles and paint before spring, then im throwing in a 406, any advice on things ill need to know when swapping this engine in would be nice. ill post pics of more progress when i have some.

406monte

Apprentice
Jan 24, 2009
Quantico, VA
Well i'll tell you at first i didn't car for the fact that you are making it into a low rider cause that is basically what it is. But, after seeing the last two pics that you posted. It really isn't so bad. I think it will be a bad *ss car when it is all done and painted.

I have a 406 in my car. The things you will need are a bigger and better radiator all the front accessories will work on your 406. Are you running headers i assume you are cause it would really defeat the purpose of the 406. Then you will need a good carb and intake and a nice upgraded fuel system for it. That my friend is really all that would be needed to change it over. The current transmission will work but then again depending on how the motor will be then you will need to upgrade the converter to match with your cam reaer end gears and tire size. This should put you in the righ ball park. Good luck and let me know if i can help you out with anything.

Eric

350_85cutty

Master Mechanic
Sep 2, 2007
West, TX
looks clean, don't see too many SS Monte lo lo's but i like what your doing with it. keepin it clean and simple

1988montess

Greasemonkey
Aug 14, 2007
thanks guys, its coming along, but i havent had time to mess around with it as of late. i will post more pics from anything i do and ill remember to come back to you guys with any questions i have about the engine since im newish to that part of the car....

1988montess

Greasemonkey
Aug 14, 2007
ya these cars are very rare where i am. ive seen maybe 4 in all of my city driving around. mine is definitely the only one of its kind in canada that i know of, simply because alot of people dont want to do this to a "muscle car", even though there is nothing muscle about it but the looks. im trying to keep it as clean and simple as possible.

Euro

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 23, 2008
Batavia, IL
Lookin good so far, but I really don't think those wires go with the car at alllll. however, I can't wait to see more updates!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor