Status
Not open for further replies.

Coveted

G-Body Guru
Mar 23, 2008
Sanborn, Ny 14132
Ew.
But, thats just me.
I know how canada works with prices, I've got a good friend in manitoba.
So I'm not gonna say you over payed, even tho you did.
I Like the woork youve done, It looks good we dont see many in the salt belt without rust, so thumbs up to that :D
I'm not gonna say you wrecked a performence car, because in my opinion if it has ttops its not much of a performence/drag car.
anyways Thumbs up Can't wait to see it all one color.

1988montess

Greasemonkey
Aug 14, 2007
some people like it some people hate it. its not a performance vehicle if everyone tells you to swap out the engine with a 350 because the 305 sucks. im using it as a nice cruiser/show car, not to race with it. why are so many people on this forum so biased towards speed instead of an actual nice car thats done nicely and has alot of work to make it like this? half the guys on here have rust buckets but have like 400hp and think their car is better than mine. like i said im doing this for a nice weekend car not to race around with my mullet on if you know what i mean. im updating it to where i think it looks best and i can bet this thing rides better than most of the guys cars on the forum. a non SS has the same engine in it, and alot of the other things are the same. do you think that because it has decals and a body kit that this is a performance vehicle? im tired and rambling and dont really know what im writing so bear with me...

Nightmare388

Master Mechanic
Sep 30, 2007
North West IL
1988montess said:
some people like it some people hate it. its not a performance vehicle if everyone tells you to swap out the engine with a 350 because the 305 sucks. im using it as a nice cruiser/show car, not to race with it. why are so many people on this forum so biased towards speed instead of an actual nice car thats done nicely and has alot of work to make it like this? half the guys on here have rust buckets but have like 400hp and think their car is better than mine. like i said im doing this for a nice weekend car not to race around with my mullet on if you know what i mean. im updating it to where i think it looks best and i can bet this thing rides better than most of the guys cars on the forum. a non SS has the same engine in it, and alot of the other things are the same. do you think that because it has decals and a body kit that this is a performance vehicle? im tired and rambling and dont really know what im writing so bear with me...
Speaking from a guy with a 500hp motor under the hood. I LOVE YOUR CAR! I think it looks very classy not all pimped out like some I've seen. I love the color and especially the wheels. You wanted and built a very nice daily cruiser and that is exactly what you have so 2 thumbs up and great job. There is always 1 in the crowd who has to be difficult. Forget about him there are plenty more that like your car. I actually have people giving me crap about hotrodding my Monte. They say I should have left it stock. NOT!! I hate stock junk 305 motors in my cars. I want some power under my hood and that is just me. Some people like fuel economy and a smooth ride. I like a car that is loud and shakes your teeth out when it is idling and a stock 305 can't get there so 388 dropped in but that is what I like so if you like economy and a smooth ride do what makes you happy dude. Don't worry about anyone else. JUST MY 2 CENTS! :wink:

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
why does every "performance"car have to be a drag car? i wish i could remember who it was but a big name drag racer once said "Any monkey can drive a car 200MPH in a straight line." i think a performance car should do more than one thing or turn in only one direction. i do respect drag and circle track racers, but i see it as only getting half of the use of the car.
plus, like he said, not every car has to be built for performance.
as long as the car is still usable, it's ok with me. i'm defining non-usable as any donk, a car so low that it rips off body parts on small speed bumps and large insects (local ricer fashion), etc.

1988montess

Greasemonkey
Aug 14, 2007
thanks guys, its all function with this fashion. i always build my sh*t for daily functionality, thats why i have the bags so i can raise it over those shitty bumps and not scrape the sh*t out of it. the trunk is still pretty much fully useable and i still have my back seats, its all funcional still, and it still has a little go with the little 305 so im happy with it.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
So long as it is not all jacked up on 28's it's cool with me. My car is no drag car, but is intended to be able to corner well and be driven on long trips, so I get the nice cruiser thing. I even thought about bagging mine, but decided against it. The HO 305 is not terrible as far as stock G body engines go--that would be the 2 bbl 231! Are you going to repaint the nose of it to match the rest of the car?

1988montess

Greasemonkey
Aug 14, 2007
the car needs a full repaint, so ya the nose will be done. gotta get the dough!

Coveted

G-Body Guru
Mar 23, 2008
Sanborn, Ny 14132
1988montess said:
the car needs a full repaint, so ya the nose will be done. gotta get the dough!
Going to keep the same color?
It seems to fit the car very well, judging from the wheels im guessing you are.
I feel ya on the dough aspect, a GOOD paintjob isnt cheap.
I know some people who payed 3g+ for paintjobs that arent perfect.

1988montess

Greasemonkey
Aug 14, 2007
ya itll be AROUND the same color, thats why i colored the wheels. my dad is an award winning paint/body man but its hard to get him to do sh*t because hes so many other things on the go...

1988montess

Greasemonkey
Aug 14, 2007
a couple new pics and an old one that i just got.
locked up
DSCF0334.jpg

layed out
DSCF0335.jpg

and the first day that it was brought home December 2000!!!
DSCF0342.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor