My DIY 200r4 crossmember.

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
I think the Jeg's crossmembers are great for the price but you're limited to a TH-350 or 700-R4. Priced at $129 or $139 is great for these and I've owned one in the past. I wish they'd make one for the 200-4R.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
Actually, I just looked through Jegs and found that they do list a TH-400 crossmember but there's no picture or additional info about it. And since the TH-400 and 2004R are the same length and have practically the same mounting points it should work.

It's $129 also, PN 41053.

I wonder if G-force's frame extensions would work with it on the pre '83 frames? The extensions look pretty easy to make anyway.

I emailed Jeg's tech about that crossmember to see if it fits all frames or what. I'll post what I find out.

79elky454ss

Greasemonkey
Sep 30, 2007
ohio
100_0208.jpg
Here is the 700r4 xmember I finished today, I was asking for some help on here for the dimension for the mounting pad, and got nothing the height i went with was about 1/4" lower than the framerail mounting pads, I hope thats right?

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
79elky454ss said:
Here is the 700r4 xmember I finished today, I was asking for some help on here for the dimension for the mounting pad, and got nothing the height i went with was about 1/4" lower than the framerail mounting pads, I hope thats right?

Looks like you did a nice job.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
G-Body_Vet said:
Actually, I just looked through Jegs and found that they do list a TH-400 crossmember but there's no picture or additional info about it. And since the TH-400 and 2004R are the same length and have practically the same mounting points it should work.

It's $129 also, PN 41053.

I wonder if G-force's frame extensions would work with it on the pre '83 frames? The extensions look pretty easy to make anyway.

I emailed Jeg's tech about that crossmember to see if it fits all frames or what. I'll post what I find out.

Here's the answer I got from Jeg's if anyone is interested.

"Thank you for giving Jegs the opportunity to assist you with your technical question.

Jegster 41053 will fit 78 thur 88 g-bodies, The 41053 is designed to fit the TH400 we have not done any test fitting with a 2004R currently.

Should you need further assistance please feel free to contact us."

To the OP, I wasn't trying to jack your thread. I just thought the extra info would be helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor