My Father's Oldsmobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Mad Looney Tunes GIF by MOODMAN

I probably shouldn't reuse my cam; he says it's trash and I need a new one. Of course, the biggest Lunati is too short on @050 and has a funky 110/106 split center line. It's still not huge at 541/549. I should probably call Bill, but I don't want to rock the boat too much. So, I'm cam shopping. That's cool because I now have enough head (no way!) to support it..... BUT! Now, Holley Barry, the 800 Frankenstein, ain't gonna cut it, and they want $650 for a dyno session to tune a carb that's too small, anyway. I've always wanted EFI and the fuel system is already there, sooooooo.......
I think I may need
max smh GIF by Music Choice

This shjt is getting expensive, dammit!

But, rings are going in, and I never get tired of seeing these
20210621_160334.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Yeah, he recommended it due to lack of vacuum (with a new cam?). Honestly, after dicking with the Sniper on the T/A, I'm not sold on Holley. It seems like Apple to me, and I'm an Android kinda guy. I haven't played with it on a laptop, though; I set up an FI Tech on my buddy's Mustang about 10 years ago and it made sense.

Reactions: 1 user

78GP400

Greasemonkey
Mar 2, 2017
Hartville, Ohio
Yeah, he recommended it due to lack of vacuum (with a new cam?). Honestly, after dicking with the Sniper on the T/A, I'm not sold on Holley. It seems like Apple to me, and I'm an Android kinda guy. I haven't played with it on a laptop, though; I set up an FI Tech on my buddy's Mustang about 10 years ago and it made sense.
I’ve had all kinds of issues with my Sniper too. Replaced two parts under warrant and it’s still not quite right. And the air control valve whistles way too much.

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
If you are comfortable with it, that makes sense. Will it run your timing also?

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
If you can get it going in 45 days, then ok, but I have a tough time recommending that no support stuff.

I've been battling with the Holley stuff too lately. But the support is there and once the govna quits paying people to stay home the production and support staff will be at full tilt. Holley has great support and there isn't an issue that you'll encounter that someone else hasn't.

Do yourself a test - try to contact support at FiTech and make a decision from there. Holey will be on site at Drag Week.

So that's all of my rant against FiTech - you choose.

Once my son's stuff is done which will probably 2060 and I'll be 93 yrs old, I plan to be either dead or make a Nailhead multiport manifold with a fabricated elbow sitting atop the intake run by either an MS or Haltech. I can envision the same on a 468 Olds ;)

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Yeah, god bless Oldsmobile, it spirals out control fast😱. All these "bolt on" EFI systems seem to have issues. You seem very sharp on electronics, it should help a lot. It will be interesting to see what Bill specs for a cam.

Reactions: 1 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
So far, I'm leaning towards a 580/580 236/242@050 on a 108 he is recommending. He also has a 583/589 231/235@050 on a 108 in stock. The plot twist is running solid lifters on a hydraulic core.
GIF by The Dodo

Oh, and those EFI systems are in short supply, too

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor