My Ford Truck Project (And Other Projects)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I did find a Sterling 10.25 on Craigslist for $150. It's in a 1990 F250 so its the early style axle seals and short pinion, but it's complete drum to drum and it's got the right gears in it (3.55).

I'm going to check it out Saturday.
2 axle seals at 60ea. and you'll double your investment. Sounds like something I would do.
Get the Buick going; fall is here and cold air makes horsepower. Let's go smoke some tires!

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: 2 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I'm susceptible to 'the wants' too. Nothing wrong with picking up parts when a deal comes your way. But spring isn't all that far off and the Regal really wants to get out next year.

Nov 4, 2012
I'm susceptible to 'the wants' too. Nothing wrong with picking up parts when a deal comes your way. But spring isn't all that far off and the Regal really wants to get out next year.

I agree. I think I'm just going to stay in parts collecting mode for a little while on truck. I don't want to take anything apart until I have everything to replace it here and ready to go.

Reactions: 1 users

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
Undiagnosed ADHD :mrgreen:
Well, it's your stuff so go at it if that's what you want.

The stock axle is overkill already. Swapping to the 10.25 will reward you with increased unsprung weight, more rotational mass, and reduced fuel mileage. You could however bend that truck into a U around it and not worry about it being the weak link.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Joe, you're like me. You have a hard time switching projects once you get going on one.

Reactions: 1 user
Nov 4, 2012
The stock axle is overkill already. Swapping to the 10.25 will reward you with increased unsprung weight, more rotational mass, and reduced fuel mileage. You could however bend that truck into a U around it and not worry about it being the weak link.

I agree with you, the problem really comes down to me trying to find things to do because I'm in a mood to work on it. I do want to swap the 5.0L/M5OD out for a 5.8L/ZF5. Reason for that is the 5.0L is a dog and the M5OD is geared weird and weak. 5.8s are cheap, but ZF5s aren't, especially the small block pattern ZF5, so I don't know if I want to get into that just yet.

Joe, you're like me. You have a hard time switching projects once you get going on one.

Exactly. I get really into one and abandon the other, and if I try working on both at the same time nothing gets done to either one. Honestly I find it hard to keep interested in more than one at a time. I'm trying to get back into the Regal by gathering and buying parts for it, but I have yet to actually start working on it. Honestly I probably need to spend a week just going over the car itself and figuring out where the hell I left off and take an inventory of everything I have and everything I still need.

Reactions: 1 users
Nov 4, 2012
Well they salted the roads last night which means end of the season for the truck. I'm going out of town tomorrow and I'll be gone until Monday AM but I'll probably pull the battery out of it next week, bring it inside and put on the tender.

I was going to take it and have it fluid filmed again but it's still got a pretty good coat on it from last year and I don't want to take it out on the roads with salt on them. I'll buy a couple spray cans and hit some spots but that's all it's getting for 2019.

Reactions: 1 user

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Don't you mean it's the START of truck season? What the heck do you drive in the salt and snow? I like 4wd and big tires having the ability to pull my dumbass out of the ditch....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor