1.8 MB · Views: 461
  • SAM_2716.JPG
    SAM_2716.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 472

Retro_Future27

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 13, 2013
Hopkinsville, Kentucky
Was the F body Camaro rear brake swap direct bolt on? I just heard about being able to do it. Whats all the parts that you needed to do it?

cutty651

Greasemonkey
Aug 14, 2011
Minnesota
the rear was pretty simple just get a 98-02 fbody ls rear disc setup backing plate caliper etc. and cut rear axle so backing plate fits on the 7.5 gbody rear i like to take peice carboard and trace the pattern on the f body and transfer that to the gbody and get angle grinder and grind and cut wats not needed so backing plate fits and its ground to oem pattern u transferd from carboard then install as you would the fbody rear and done oh and you will need new studs and lug nuts for fbody ls their bit longer then the gbody studs if i remeber get them at auto parts store just get them from car your setup came off off you can fab up a bracket out little chunk of angle iron to put calipers on opposite side if want that same with e brake cable you will have to fab up a bracket for it to mount to fbody setup or just not use ebrake really not that hard setup theirs a video on youtube 3 parts on whole swap detailed too just type 10-12 bolt gbody big brake upgrade you see it hope that helps front nice setup to get to from 98-02 fbody well your gettin rear setup i offer few for front calipers and rotors if good and get a 98-05 blazer 2wd front spindles and hubs to mount the ls calipers or vette calipers to you will also need caliper bracket and hardware kit with bracket from kore3.com for the front setup to work kore3 has a vette caliper and rotors and pads kit that adapt to the 98-05 blazer spindles and hubs for pretty good deal if wanted that i just used ls calipers cause guy pretty much gave them to me when i bought rear hope helps.

cutty651

Greasemonkey
Aug 14, 2011
Minnesota
Rim Fitment Help ?

I WAS LOOKING INTO BUYING THESE HOPING I CAN GET SUM HELP BEFORE ORDERING I NEED TO KNOW OFFSET AND BACK SPACING I SEEN THEY SAY BACKSPACING 4.5 BUT NOT SURE BOUT OFFSET AND I HAVE THE BLAZER/LS BIG BRAKE SETUP ON NOW AND MY 20S RUB ON CALIPERS LIKE I NEED ABOUT HALF INCH SPACER OR SO FOR CLEARENCE SO WILL THAT PLAY INTO THE BACKSPACING ? AND I WANT IT WITH AS MUCH LIPS AS POSSABLE (DEEP DISH) WITHOUT IT HITTING FENDER OR FRAME SO IF ANY ONE CAN HELP WITH MAX WIDTH AND BACK SPACING AND OFFSET WITH LS/BLAZER SETUP LS DISC ON ALL 4 WHEELS THANKS AND HERS PICTURE AND OH AND I WAS ALSO TOLD 5.4.75 LUG ? IS THAT RIGHT OH AND I AM PLANNING TO GET THESE IN 22X8.5 FRONT 22X9.5 REAR UNLESS YOU TELL ME I CAN GO WIDER THANKS

Attachments

• foose 22 legends rims black.JPG
    foose 22 legends rims black.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 335

ssbrewskyaz

Master Mechanic
Dec 29, 2010
New River, Arizona
Well I have to ask; If you used the 98-02 F-Body rear disc brakes, did you mount the backing plates on the opposite sides of where they belong so the calipers would face to the rear of the car?

Very Curious. ...

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor