my free 78 malibu... Update 5/11/12 huge friggan update!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: my free 78 malibu

so that my plan then, stock bumpers, sport mirrors, new black top and a beautiful new red jewel paint job and im going to paint the wheels body colored to. What do you guys think of that?

started today on it! ripped off lame woodgrain looking 80s side moldings and the wheel well chrome and holy sh*t! rust free underneath. have to find a clean trunk as mine is rotted on the inside and as a bodyman i know its not worth fixing as one of my local junkyards excels in not crushing old cars, he says he has 4 or 5 malibus and other assorted g bodys sitting so maybe i can score a rear sway bar too. thinking about steel cowl hood but expensive maybe ill build a hood like i did for my caprice.

WOW i wish i could fall on a deal like that, i actually bought my monte because my dad actually knew all 3 of the original owners!

Nice deal, your a lucky man to have a good start project like that for free!!! But remeber you won't be always lucky like that if you hink to sell it !!! Nice color too and d'ont you ever paint your bumper!

believe me i know how lucky i am to score this car! the chrome on my bumpers is quite dead and peeling in places so that's the only reason i am toying with painting the bumpers. maybe i can score a clean set without the impact strip and grandpa bumper ends. after finishing my caprice I needed a new project and this has become it. I cant wait to paint it up even though its what i do all day to other peoples cars , figure i should be sick of looking at cars ha! I did a 81 vette last year in the color i chose so i know its going to look super badass!!

yeah i hate you........ lol just joking, your really lucky to get a nice car like that. finding one in that condition in the midwest is nearly impossible. that car would easily bring $2500 here maybe more. a rusted trunk pan isnt a big deal at all. if anything that gives you an excuse to re do it with a fuel cell and re locate your battery. thats just my opinion though. good luck with it though. i would remove that half vinyl top if it was me. i think it makes them look more modern and less grandpa-ish. i would make sure your frame rails are solid before you go to the junk yard. might as well make one trip

just scored a mint trunk at junkyard for 75 bucks. Cheapest one i saw on ebay was 299! what the hell!

scored the gran prix frame brace the monte ss jounce bars, under hood fender the radiator support braces and a clean trunk for 150 bucks!! this junk yard had all this sh*t laying around! all kinds of g bodies in this place! um by the way a 4 door trunk fits my car right??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor