my free 78 malibu... Update 5/11/12 huge friggan update!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: my free 78 malibu... Update 2/3/10 new pics!

the sway bar i got is out of an 88 iroc z 34 mm, and the rear is off a monte carlo. They both bolted right in with a little effort and im a body man not a mechanic. The green bar in the above diagram I got off a 84 gran prix in the junkyard, the red ones i got off a monte ss. these were simple mods that took a total of maybe 2 hours milking it on a lazy saturday at the shop. any g body can massively benefit from these mods, I want to scream out a 80s power metal scream while i tear around offramps now!!

I don't know if it takes that long :? Only took me like 10 minutes to bolt them on since the wholes are there. Just gotta clean and paint and thats bout it lol.

I feel ya on the metal scream. I like doing a slingshot right on the on ramp when I'm getting onto the highway. People looking at me like I just flew straight from hell lol :twisted:

lol no it doesnt take that long, i was hanging out in the shop an doing alot of bsing also. you know how that goes

nice score on the Bu! i kinda like the 2-tone factory colors but wanna see how that red jewel color looks....cool how the old man remembered you, after you paint it you should go by and show him, i bet he'd appreciate it! shoot take him for a cruise that'd be sweet! love the wheels too and that bumper idea of movin it in closer sounds like a good idea.

I just scored a set of factory sway bars from a '84 Hurst/Olds off eBay, after reading how much you guys are talking bout em', I can't wait to throw em on and feel the difference! I'm starting to think this was a good buy after all!

the man who gave me the car works for a limo company i do body work for. Once in a while he comes by the shop and hes happy its getting painted and i think a little regretful of giving the car up now that he sees how bad *ss it could look. I kinda like the 2 tone but im to lazy to paint it back on the car. the vette i finished in this color looked incredible outside in the sun. I might take a looksy through my dupont color books though, still be some sort of blood red metallic

Re: my free 78 malibu... Update 2/18/10 more new pics!

hey guys! been tearing into it at work. More pics!!

need more bondo than i wouldve liked but thats how it goes
Picture001.jpg

3 old 2 tone paint jobs on this thing
Picture002.jpg

this was all rotted away and i had to cut the windshield out and put a patch in and glass it all up
Picture003.jpg

mmmmm more bondo, rage gold is the sweetest bondo ever!!
Picture004.jpg

well thats it for this update more to come soon, no rot at all on the rockers or bottom of quarter panels and this is a life long new england car!

believe it or not i still have this car!! 2 failed relationships and a whole lotta bull sh*t later this project is back in effect!!

Looking great! If you opt to paint the bumpers,go the extra and cut,weld them to tuck.there's a couple threads on here of members that have done so and they look awsome.so you like that " gold" bondo huh? Im digging the evercoat and por-15 bondo product's, REEAALLY smooth and easy to feather and blend.keep up the progress and happy building :wink:

Re: my free 78 malibu... Update 5/11/12 huge friggan update!

Weeeeelll heres about 4 months of late nights and vodka out in the garage. its been a looong time since i first started on this car and its about time to get it done!! I had planned on red but over time decided i wanted it white so enjoy all these pice and ask me anything! im so happy the car is painted!! and the vinyl top IS going back on, black.

SAM_0063.jpg

SAM_0062.jpg

SAM_0065.jpg

SAM_0068.jpg

SAM_0095.jpg

SAM_0072.jpg

SAM_0077.jpg

SAM_0073.jpg

SAM_0079.jpg

SAM_0106.jpg

SAM_0114.jpg

SAM_0119.jpg

SAM_0129.jpg

SAM_0140.jpg

SAM_0136.jpg

SAM_0147.jpg

SAM_0148.jpg

SAM_0157.jpg

SAM_0158.jpg

SAM_0159.jpg

SAM_0189.jpg

SAM_0191.jpg

SAM_0195.jpg

SAM_0196.jpg

SAM_0199.jpg

SAM_0200.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor