My New(er) Truck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2012
all the manufacturers have their issues,congrarts on the new ride,it'll take a little getting used to being new to you and all but i'm sure you'll enjoy it

Exactly. I'm really not brand loyal (even though I pretend to be), I just as quickly would have bought a Ram or Silverado but I happened to come across this one and it was in good condition at the right price with the right options, and it was only about an hour away.
IMG_20210207_125044612_copy_2137x1603.jpg
IMG_20210207_122733757_HDR_copy_2137x1603.jpg

I wasn't gonna get on the ground in the cold to take pictures underneath (I did get underneath before I bought it) but it's very clean underneath for a PA truck. Just some small surface rust here and there. The paint on the frame is 95+% intact. The aluminum body is still spotless. It'll get fluid filmed and be good to go. Here's a picture inside the front wheel well, the rest looks pretty much the same.
IMG_20210207_120451539_copy_640x480.jpg
IMG_20210207_120510220_copy_640x480.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
302A means heated leather seats in an XLT right? I spent some time trying to find that trim level and Ford doesn't seem to break down their options as well as GM. In Chev/GMC LT/SL is cloth seats, LTZ/SLT is heated leather and Denali/High Country is 6.2 heated & cooled leather with adaptive cruise and blind spot stuff.

I want heated leather in whatever I get (because the heated seats in my Rainier have spoiled me and are on 100% of the time when its below 50F) and leather just seems to last deep into the 200k mile zone where cloth is pounded out at 125k.

LT/SL in GM is equal to XLT in Ford
Denali/HC GM is Lariat in Ford
What does SLT/LTZ in GM translate to in Ford? And Ford has Platinum, and King Ranch? Where do those sit?

What trim does Ford pickups have that gives you some nice options like basic Bluetooth radio and heated leather without dumping in everything the Lariat does like cooled seats and all the blind spot warning stuff? It seems really hard to go from cloth seats in an F150 XLT without jumping to Lariat trim. My wife's 14 fusion is an SE and has the basic bluetooth sync stuff with heated leather but Ford is goofy and doesn't use the same trim packages on cars as SUV's so there is no 'SE' pickup.

At least a Malibu LTZ and Silverado LTZ both had heated leather but Ford is odd where a Fusion Titanium has all the fancy stuff a Lariat F series does, but an SE Fusion doesn't translate to a XL or XLT F series in any logical way I can find.

Anyways rant over lol.

Nice buy! Selling the old f150 was controversial but I get it. What you got is REALLY close to the options I want. Ext cab, blue, heated leather. Only thing that deviates is I am pretty stuck on the coyote and might go with that 10R80 in the 17's+.

I got down the rabbit hole of basically boxing myself into 11-14 but can't find a way to find heated leather without jumping to an over-optioned Lariat, and for near the same price I think I can get a 302A? XLT 15+ without the stuff I don't need, and the 15+'s look better. I dont think 302A existed in the 11-14's?

The 10-13 SLT Sierra GMT900's rust out way too fast and are 20g+ for something that isn't wasted, the 15+ sierra k2 has the 8L80e which is reported to be sketchy, and like I say its hard to find a 11-14 coyote in leather for a decent price so I am really close into thinking a 15+ 302A XLT f150 is what I box myself into. And if I go 15+, I might as well go 17 since it has the 10 speed and although people here are kinda dumping on it, that 19 F150 gen 3 coyote 10 speed I drove a few months back for work was killer. S550 gen 3 coyote 10 speed's are in the 19's NA and 7's with boost so they are a killer platform.

Reactions: 1 users

jiho

Royal Smart Person
Jul 26, 2013
I can't wait to rip the A/C out (where we have triple-digit summers), and here people are talking about heated and cooled seats .... ?!? :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Good looking truck hope it serves you well. I've got an 07 Silverado that I've done heavy towing with and had zero problems with. Haven't put anything into it yet except gas and tires. Currently looking for a V10 ford.

Current pic

View attachment 168142

I SMOKED a V10 Ferd with the 1500 in my sig (empty and both loaded with a trailer). Of course he was stock and me, not so much. I expected better from it though.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I SMOKED a V10 Ferd with the 1500 in my sig (empty and both loaded with a trailer). Of course he was stock and me, not so much. I expected better from it though.
Basically a 5.4 with 2 extra cylinders on the end, kinda like a 4.3/5.7 Chevy sb situation.

Early ones used to blow the spark plugs out of the heads and fubar the threading for the first 3-4 years giving a bad rap.

Later ones made better hp than early ones, all had a bunch of torque... and I mean around 75 or 100 hp better. Almost like they knew if it was cranked up the plugs would blow?

Still, lots of power for what's only a 413ci engine (compare that to an olds 403). For the money I'd probably look for an 02/03 7.3l powerstroke. When looking at excursions that's what I've been keeping an eye out for... a unrusted, not "flashed" lower mileage 7.3 4x4 in an 02-03 Eddie Bauer or other high trim level. That or a 496/8.1l 2500 series burb/yukon.

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi

I ordered my motorhome w/ a V10 instead of a diesel and very happy with my decision. I pull a 28 ft trailer (10,000 loaded) and it does a great job, better than my Silverado and a lot more weight

DSCN0371.JPG

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
Not a fan of the v10 ferd. I drove a short bus with one in it for a few years and it got 5.5-7mpg all the time. They make power up high in the Rev range and you'll be forever wringing it's neck to make it do serious work. The 6.0 gm engine is better in every way. Tows better and gets better mileage. Neither of them make huge power down low so that argument is off the table. The 8.1 is fine if it's been taken care of and left stock.

• Agree
Nov 4, 2012
302A means heated leather seats in an XLT right? I spent some time trying to find that trim level and Ford doesn't seem to break down their options as well as GM. In Chev/GMC LT/SL is cloth seats, LTZ/SLT is heated leather and Denali/High Country is 6.2 heated & cooled leather with adaptive cruise and blind spot stuff.

I want heated leather in whatever I get (because the heated seats in my Rainier have spoiled me and are on 100% of the time when its below 50F) and leather just seems to last deep into the 200k mile zone where cloth is pounded out at 125k.

LT/SL in GM is equal to XLT in Ford
Denali/HC GM is Lariat in Ford
What does SLT/LTZ in GM translate to in Ford? And Ford has Platinum, and King Ranch? Where do those sit?

What trim does Ford pickups have that gives you some nice options like basic Bluetooth radio and heated leather without dumping in everything the Lariat does like cooled seats and all the blind spot warning stuff? It seems really hard to go from cloth seats in an F150 XLT without jumping to Lariat trim. My wife's 14 fusion is an SE and has the basic bluetooth sync stuff with heated leather but Ford is goofy and doesn't use the same trim packages on cars as SUV's so there is no 'SE' pickup.

At least a Malibu LTZ and Silverado LTZ both had heated leather but Ford is odd where a Fusion Titanium has all the fancy stuff a Lariat F series does, but an SE Fusion doesn't translate to a XL or XLT F series in any logical way I can find.

Anyways rant over lol.

Nice buy! Selling the old f150 was controversial but I get it. What you got is REALLY close to the options I want. Ext cab, blue, heated leather. Only thing that deviates is I am pretty stuck on the coyote and might go with that 10R80 in the 17's+.

I got down the rabbit hole of basically boxing myself into 11-14 but can't find a way to find heated leather without jumping to an over-optioned Lariat, and for near the same price I think I can get a 302A? XLT 15+ without the stuff I don't need, and the 15+'s look better. I dont think 302A existed in the 11-14's?

The 10-13 SLT Sierra GMT900's rust out way too fast and are 20g+ for something that isn't wasted, the 15+ sierra k2 has the 8L80e which is reported to be sketchy, and like I say its hard to find a 11-14 coyote in leather for a decent price so I am really close into thinking a 15+ 302A XLT f150 is what I box myself into. And if I go 15+, I might as well go 17 since it has the 10 speed and although people here are kinda dumping on it, that 19 F150 gen 3 coyote 10 speed I drove a few months back for work was killer. S550 gen 3 coyote 10 speed's are in the 19's NA and 7's with boost so they are a killer platform.

Thanks. Quite honestly I'm just a lot happier and less anxious now that I'm not worried about reliability or what is going to break next. As much I loved the old truck, it's a load off my mind. And this thing already has all of the accessories and options I would've want to add, so I really don't need to do anything to it to make it the way I want.

302A has heated cloth seats with power on both passenger and driver sides. Leather looks great but I really prefer the feel of cloth. I'm fairly certain the 302A package existed in the previous generation. Ford trims are weird in that you can have an XLT that is more or less the same as an well optioned XL, and you can also have an XLT that is optioned out darn close to a Lariat.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor