My New Lady

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetsetw31

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2010
Petersburg, VA
Cool. I actually like the orange, it's different enough to not see another one. Yet, you may run across that color with lots of chrome either rollin on 24s or bouncing with hydraulics.

Jakefromstatefarm

Master Mechanic
Feb 26, 2014
jetsetw31 said:
Cool. I actually like the orange, it's different enough to not see another one. Yet, you may run across that color with lots of chrome either rollin on 24s or bouncing with hydraulics.

Very true. But I have almost the same shade on my bike that I painted about a year ago... it was coincidence on the color honestly.

jetsetw31

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2010
Petersburg, VA
Wow, post a pic of them both when your done.

Jakefromstatefarm

Master Mechanic
Feb 26, 2014
Here is the bike...
73378_646331478717311_1135803097_n.jpg

Jakefromstatefarm

Master Mechanic
Feb 26, 2014
Finished installing the door poppers.. not really that bad.. just working in very tight spaces but worth the work in the end. I will probably go back into the passenger door at some point, the tension on the cable is not as tight as it is on the driver so it doesnt pop as much.. the driver door pops open and the passenger basically unlatches.

Jakefromstatefarm

Master Mechanic
Feb 26, 2014
If you buy the AutoLoc door kit be patient... instructions are not very detailed or descriptive... so alot you will have to figure out for yourself unfortunately but if you are mechanically minded its easy to navigate through.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
While I will agree that flame cutting springs, or heating springs, to lower a car is foolish - cutting springs to lower a car is perfectly fine.

Case in point - my Buick:
[youtube]StFzHfz_JBg[/youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StFzHfz_JBg

No idiot here.

jetsetw31

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2010
Petersburg, VA
Yep that's the color. Nice bike too. If you tell me you have a leather riding suit that matches the bike and car I'm done! LOL :notworthy:
T

jetsetw31

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2010
Petersburg, VA
StuntBikeJake said:
If you buy the AutoLoc door kit be patient... instructions are not very detailed or descriptive... so alot you will have to figure out for yourself unfortunately but if you are mechanically minded its easy to navigate through.

Yeah, I did the door popper thing on my '83 Cutlass. It was stolen before i could shave the handles :roll: Really hate car thieves :rant:
T

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor