my new project, 1981 Malibu 9C1

Status
Not open for further replies.

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
SWEET ride, congratulations on your score!!! LOVE those Malibu's!

butch2427

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 15, 2020
Chattaroy, WA
This old cop car is equipped with bucket seats. The backrests are fixed with no adjustment. It looks like the bushing that holds the seat in one fixed position is completely come across these or had luck converting the seats to being adjustable?
s-l1600 (4).jpg
s-l1600 (4).jpg
s-l1600 (10).jpg
IMG_3331.JPG
gone. Has anyone

Reactions: 1 users

gnvair

Royal Smart Person
Sep 1, 2018
Southern New Jersey near Philly
This old cop car is equipped with bucket seats. The backrests are fixed with no adjustment. It looks like the bushing that holds the seat in one fixed position is completely come across these or had luck converting the seats to being adjustable? View attachment 145784 View attachment 145784 View attachment 145785 View attachment 145789 gone. Has anyone
I have never seen a 4 door Malibu with bucket seats. They were not available on non 9C1 Malibu's AND they were only available on Malibu Classic coupes.
I have seen guys post pictures of bucket seats from the 4 door Cutlass models. On those, the back rest is bolted stationary as there is no need for them to fold on a 4 door.
Bit that is really neat that you have that.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor