my new project, 1981 Malibu 9C1

Status
Not open for further replies.

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
Awesome car! One surprise on the build sheet ....No G80 limited slip rear.
A local wrecking yard had three 1980's about 30 years back. The factory 14 x 6 wheels were a little different offset and would accept the 14 x 7 inch trim rings from a Camaro where as the same wheel from a Monte Carlo or non 9C1 would not. I was lucky to score on a trade 5 of the wheels (without trim or the BF Goodrich Police Pursuit TA's) and the Dash cluster with the speedometer for my 79 Monte Carlo.
Had a 9C1 fanatic friend who worked at a local high volume Chevy dealership that had the center caps on the shelf. Ran this set up for a few years for winter.
79 Monte.JPG

Reactions: 5 users

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
Yes, the round keys works the doors, trunk and ignition
I switched my door locks to the same as the square ignition key ten or more years ago because I don't like two keys, but never did anything with the glovebox lock. I have been contemplating switching over to the newer double edged chip type key for all, and being ready in case I ever go computer ECM.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor