Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

v8power

G-Body Guru
Aug 24, 2007
green bay WI
thanks. just came from working on it. i put the new cross member in. and got the headers in. did anyone else have to take a little off the lower A-arm bracket on the drivers side? i had to take a good 1/2 inch off to clear.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
What brand of headers did you use?

I've never had to do that on any of my G-bodies, but I did have to trim the passenger side of a '72 Lemans I put a set of headers on at work...

Doober

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
Swartz Creek, MI/Tucson, AZ
I haven't had to do any clearancing with the Hooker 2451s I have. Through its range of motion the rear bushing side of the upper right a-arm has put a small dimple in the tube, but everything else clears.

v8power

G-Body Guru
Aug 24, 2007
green bay WI
im running headmans. i had to to allot of tweaking with them, and it was really pissing me off last night, but i finally got them in.

v8power

G-Body Guru
Aug 24, 2007
green bay WI
well i decided to take some under the car pics. for anyone running a electric fuel pump. i have discovered the ultimate mounting parts. 1979 harley davidson sportster oil tank mounting brackets. they are 1/4 inch tread on both sides with a rubber middle, they work awesome. here are the pics i snapped today enjoy.

Picture027.jpg

Picture028.jpg

Picture030-1.jpg

Picture033-1.jpg

Picture032-3.jpg

Picture035-2.jpg

Picture036-2.jpg

and as i walked in, i saw this sticker stuck on my rear window, one of my friends must have made it or something, i have no idea where i came from lol
Picture029.jpg

gp355

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 10, 2008
bay city
what size front and rear tires do you have? by the way car looks sweet nice pick of color and everything.

v8power

G-Body Guru
Aug 24, 2007
green bay WI
the fronts are 26X4.5, and the rears are 27X10.5. i also have a set of 15' olds rallys i will put on for the street. i hope to fire the car up in the next week or so.

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
nice sticker on the rear window :lol: lmao!!!

v8power

G-Body Guru
Aug 24, 2007
green bay WI
got it running and home today, all i can say is wow, i am impressed. tried to launch it today down my street and all i got was this.

Picture042-1.jpg

i still need to get exhaust on it, and finish up some little things like find some chrome mirrors, and back bumper brackets, but other than that im ready to hit the streets and the strip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor