My wagon projects

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff0547

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 13, 2009
I’m currently working on my 65 Chevelle 2-door wagon and my 65 Buick Special wagon. Both had fuel delivery problems, until today. I got the problem solved on the Chevelle and it is running fine, now (had to find a way to prime the new fuel pump). The carb on the Buick was worn out, so it’s getting re-built by a company in Pinellas Park, FL. It will be back early next week.
I also bought a 52 Plymouth wagon last October and got it running well, but it’s a really big project. I was hoping to be able to put it on a G-body, A-body or S-10 frame next winter.
Also, I’m trying to decide which of my Malibu wagons to restore and which one to use as a parts car. They both have a case of “metal termites” on their hoods. I wonder if a Cutlass’ hood would be the same. I saw one in the JY last week (4-dr Sedan) and it had a good hood on it.
I have enjoyed reading many project/build threads here and have gotten a lot of ideas from them, like tucking the bumpers and adding “options”.
I’ll try to add pics to this post. Wish me good luck….

A001.jpg

52Plymouthwagon.jpg

CrocusYellow.jpg

81Malibu83MalibuWagons011.jpg

My1981MalibuWagon.jpg

81Malibu83MalibuWagons018.jpg

81Malibu83MalibuWagons015.jpg

lsx80monte

Greasemonkey
Apr 12, 2012
I really like that buick wagon. I thought about getting me a wagon as a daily and parts hauler while I redo my monte. I do a swap meets and junk yarding. Where was that yard you were refering to? NOt thatI want to go get that hood but its nice to know of more u pull it yards. Do you know about the florida members thread? If not you should checkit out,

jeff0547

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 13, 2009
lsx80monte said:
I really like that buick wagon. I thought about getting me a wagon as a daily and parts hauler while I redo my monte. I do a swap meets and junk yarding. Where was that yard you were refering to? NOt thatI want to go get that hood but its nice to know of more u pull it yards. Do you know about the florida members thread? If not you should checkit out,

I didn't know about the florida members thread, thanks. :mrgreen: The yard is in Bradenton and is LKQ on 63rd Ave East.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Hi Jeff,
You have quite a collection of longroofs. I came close to buying a Plymouth like your '52. It was powered by a GM V-6. It's been a while since I've seen it last. It was painted satin black. Old 2-dr Plymouth wagons are ultra cool.
I think an S-10 frame might be a good fit for that body.

I love the Buick Special wagon, and of course the former Chuck Hanson '65 Chevelle 2-dr wagon.
Let me know if you plan on parting any of the Malibu wagons. My buddy Vince needs a cargo floor for his Cutlass Cruiser...you remember Vince, don't you?...and I might need some odds and ends.

BTW, the 4-dr Cutlass hood will not fit the Malibu. I think I've seen that one in Copher's when I was down there a few months ago. Not much old stuff in that yard anymore. I think they crush 'em shortly after they get them.

jeff0547

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 13, 2009
Thanks Jack for straightening me out about the Cutlass hood, I wasn't sure.
Of course, I remember Vince, but I have only one good cargo floor, the other one looks like Swiss cheese. There is, however a malibu wagon in a yard called "Triple A" or AAA. It's on 9th st east in Bradenton, near 53rd Ave (ste. rt. 70). It may be worth a look.
The Plymouth wagon is as stock as the day it was made. There are no accessories, just a heater and a way to change gears. Its got a flat-head 6, 3-speed manual, 6-volt _ positive ground, single barrel carb and NO power!!!! It's gettin too hot to get into that one before Summer. It's going to be my Rat Rod. :D

jeff0547

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 13, 2009
Jack, here's a pic of that wagon in AAA yard. Looks to be an 82 or 83:

IMAG0001.jpg

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Jeff,
Vince took me to look at that car at AAA when I was down there. He picked up the plastic strips for the roof rack and runners, and the other thing I took was a left side rear hatch window trim piece.
I was about to take the rear taillight harness. I got it all unplugged and unhooked except for the retainers. I had clean clothes on and didn't want to lay on my back..so I left it there. I would have also liked to get the headliner board...oh well.
Funny I was thinking about that car when you posted pictures of both of your Malibus with bad hoods. I didn't remember whether it had the hood or not.
The cargo floor is bad in that one as well. He had already checked it out.

Have you ever met, or ran into Danielle? She drives an '81 Malibu wagon with a 408 sbc with a dual quad tunnel ram set-up.
We met her at one of the local cruise-ins. She's a real diehard wagon gal. I believe she's in the Bradenton area. She's a real hoot...and does all her own wrenching on the car. She's probably in her mid-60's.
She seems to know the sources for Malibu wagon parts. Unfortunately, I didn't get her information, but she apparently knows Lance who does the music at the cruise nights and car shows in the area. She might be a good source for a hood.

The Plymouth wagon is a cool car. How are you able to keep up with all of them?

jeff0547

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 13, 2009
I didn't see a hood anywhere around that car. I may go back next week & look, again. Every now and then, I can get some time to go to Clearwater or Tampa LKQ's. The Clearwater yard is the largest and has the most possibility of wagon parts.
Also, I have not met Danielle, but look forward to doing so. I have been to a number of Lance's cruise nights, so I know who he is.
As far as keeping up, I don't!!! Sometimes one particular car may not get any attention for months. I just steal some time to do some work and put off something else. My wife & I have rental property and we now have several empties. Most of my time, for the last few months, has been dedicated to preparing rentals for new tenants. I just turned 65 two weeks ago and its starting to take its toll.... :blam:

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Jeff,
I don't recall whether that car had a hood or not. I'm guessing the hood was gone. I can't believe both hoods on of your Malibu wagons are toast. Check on Maliburacing.com as well. There's guys usually giving stock hoods away because they went with a cowl induction hood. But of course when you're looking for one, there's none to be found.
Yeah, if you run into Danielle, she might be a good source for you. She mentioned wanting to get some wagon pushers together some time. My car isn't going anywhere for a while. The state it's in now, it looks like it's ready for the junkyard.
As for the age thing, you gotta pace yourself. I'm not too far behind you at 62 in a month. :?
I think keeping active keeps us young..if you buy into that. :lol:

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Shame you guys are so far away, I have or have a buddy with most of that stuff, but of course it's all way too large to try to ship.

Speaking of Plymouths, I am kicking around this one, but the guy is kind of a prick and real elusive about just where the he!! he's located...and of course all he has is a bill of sale :roll:

5N45E25M63Ef3L33Mfc5k92889ff3ce1419a5.jpg

Course, I shouldn't even be looking at wagons, still trying to buy a truck to clean up some property we bought a few months ago

It's always SOMETHING I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor