need answer fast please

Status
Not open for further replies.

mysons80elcamino

Apprentice
Mar 27, 2012
just jacked up the camino and put on new wheels. after they are mounted there is only about a 1/4 inch from tire to frame in the rear is this enough. if not how much should I have its an occasional driver.

all stock
air shocks

tire size is 255-60-15

mysons80elcamino

Apprentice
Mar 27, 2012
so the back are ok now, but the front are rubbing on the tie rod, not the wheel but the wheel balancing weight.. I think im just going to get a stick on weight for inside the wheel

ALSO HOW MUCH LUG BOLT SHOULD I HAVE OUT PAST THE LUG NUT, RIGHT NOW IT IS EVEN, TOP OF LUG BOLT IS SMOOTH WITH TOP OF LUG NUT.. IS THIS OK OR SHOULD I HAVE MORE....

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Some thin spacers should rectify that. That's what I ended up doing with mine...or like you said, stick on weights on the inside of the rims.

mysons80elcamino

Apprentice
Mar 27, 2012
So how does this look, im not to fond of the iroc's but my kid likes them

the tires still need shined up but do these wheels look ok to everyone.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    672.2 KB · Views: 498

Josh Hanna

Greasemonkey
Feb 3, 2013
Coral Spings FL
i have the same wheels on my el camino, you have to run the rears on the front and the front on the rear. the back spacing is backwards..

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Josh Hanna said:
i have the same wheels on my el camino, you have to run the rears on the front and the front on the rear. the back spacing is backwards..
Josh,
Your wheels are the actual 16" IROCS, those are Camaro RS or Z28 wheels. I have the same 15" Camaro wheels on my wagon currently. They aren't front and rear specific like the 16" wheels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor