Need Help ID'ing Some Stuff

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Since this car of mine was never really put together, I have no idea where some of this stuff goes or if it's even factory. Let's start with the headlight switch. I have that and a bezel, but I think there's something that should secure said switch to said bezel? I have no idea what I'm looking for there.

Next up is something with an actual pic.

PXL_20230917_023112549.jpg

That leads up into the steering column.

Next are these 2.

PXL_20230917_023054932.jpg

Big one looks factory, smaller one I'm not so sure about. It has 3 wires leading to it that are all 1 piece.

Then there's this little light.

PXL_20230917_033006994.jpg

The socket for the one under the far left side of the dash is still there, but no bulb as the switch to turn them off is broken.

There's more, I'll have to move the car out of the garage to get access to the rest of the goodness.

Last edited:

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Not sure of the first two but the light looks like my ashtray light.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Since this car of mine was never really put together, I have no idea where some of this stuff goes or if it's even factory. Let's start with the headlight switch. I have that and a bezel, but I think there's something that should secure said switch to said bezel? I have no idea what I'm looking for there.

Next up is something with an actual pic.

That leads up into the steering column.

Next are these 2.

Big one looks factory, smaller one I'm not so sure about. It has 3 wires leading to it that are all 1 piece.

Then there's this little light.

The socket for the one under the far left side of the dash is still there, but no bulb as the switch to turn them off is broken.

There's more, I'll have to move the car out of the garage to get access to the rest of the goodness.
#1 is for the cruise control wire coming off the turn signal/wiper switch.
#2 is for the electric rear window defogger, mounted to the face of the cluster bezel/faceplate
#3 is the ashtray light, snaps into the metal frame that mounts to the bottom of the center of the dash.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
I'm sure you can use an aftermarket switch for your defroster and mount it somewhere secluded. That one looks pretty nasty.

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Nahh, too many other things wrong with the car competing for money. If it fits, it ships. I figured out what this guy is for.

PXL_20230917_023054932~2.jpg

He's a speed sensor, would have attached somewhere to the Speedo to inform the computer so I zip tied it into a loop and tucked it behind the cluster. If I need a VSS output I have one available on the Dakota box. So since that cluster of 3 wires came as such from the general, how about this bundle of 4?

PXL_20230917_233519899.MP.jpg

After some Google image searching, it's plain to see the ashtray was deleted at some point.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Now with the bigger pic (they were smaller when I posted) I see the speedo sensor in that pic with the rear defroster plug. Late but just noticed.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor