need help on which headers will fit a 81 cutlass

Status
Not open for further replies.

81dragcutlass83

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 30, 2010
rockford il
just wondering what type of of headers will fit this 81 cutty with a sbc motor my buddy has f body long tube headers didnt know if they would work or if i must have g body headers any help would be appreciated thanks

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
Re: need help on which hraders will fit a 81 cutlass

Just buy some Summit, Jegs, or Flowtech full-tube headers for a G-Body w/a SBC. I think you can get the Flowtechs at Autozone. Those are all very reasonably priced.

82cutty

Greasemonkey
Aug 3, 2008
I have Flowtechs on my 82 with a Chevy 350 and a G force crossmember. I had to trim some of the edge off the left side of the crossmember and had to file and pull in the right rear tube flange to get them to fit nicely.

81dragcutlass83

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 30, 2010
rockford il
anybody have pics of how far back your motors are or pics of motor mounts i think mine might be to far forward and does anyone know if block hugger shortys will work have a lead on a set sbc ceramic block huggers for 75.00 brand new never been used

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
81dragcutlass83 said:
anybody have pics of how far back your motors are or pics of motor mounts i think mine might be to far forward and does anyone know if block hugger shortys will work have a lead on a set sbc ceramic block huggers for 75.00 brand new never been used

There's pics of where the mounts should set in the engine swap stickies at the top of the page. And block hugger headers won't work, they will dump right into the engine crossmember. Shorties or ok but not block huggers.

sickolds

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2010
get some for an early 70's camaro thats what worked best for me plus they will clear every thing take a look at my pic's

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor