need help with a headlight switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lvngded

Apprentice
Feb 14, 2009
Chicago
Okay, so a few days ago, I pulled up in fron of the house and pushed in my knob for my headlights. I heard a sound like a twig snap and now I have to reach under my dash and hold the inner assembly to be able to push it in and turn off my lights. Anyone know how to fix this? Is it a clip or is it a whole assembly that a piece broke off of? Any help would be great.
BTW, the car is an 85 Grand Prix LE.
Thanks all
Mike

Dugan

Greasemonkey
Jun 15, 2011
in my monte, theres a little plastic bracket that might have broke, some jb weld would fix it, mine broke. Just remove the face of the dash and it should be right there. Its only a few phillips head #2 screws

gbondo57

Greasemonkey
Aug 30, 2010
Central Okla/USA
Was it loose before it popped. If so, the collar nut, you can see the slots, might have rattled loose. Or the threads on the swith itself stripped out. Assuming we're talking about the push OFF, pull ON, old skool switch, to take it apart, while holding the switch assmbly, feel for a small spring loaded button, hold it down/in, holding on to the switch body, you should be able to pull the switch knob OUT of the swich body itself, for replacement. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor