442 Need help with gas pedal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario

WOT is wide open throttle and just because someone else had it set up that way does not mean you need to keep it that way. With those springs that puts alot of load on the bearing along with a stiff pedal

Jims442

Greasemonkey
Dec 2, 2019
Connecticut
WOT is wide open throttle and just because someone else had it set up that way does not mean you need to keep it that way. With those springs that puts alot of load on the bearing along with a stiff pedal
So what I'm understanding is when I hit the pedal the way it's set up is I'm getting a WOT. But isn't that good ?? If I remove 1 spring that would help on the hard pedal but then you are saying I should put the other one one the opposite side, but I'm not sure where i would put it? Can you explain a little more please ?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I don't have a picture of my set up and I can't find a picture online....I may be weird but I use the spring on the front and and back, these pictures shows a front set up and a back but I would not use the springs they show. I set mine up for the pedal I like

1584454073369.jpeg

1584454109005.jpeg

Jims442

Greasemonkey
Dec 2, 2019
Connecticut
I don't have a picture of my set up and I can't find a picture online....I may be weird but I use the spring on the front and and back, these pictures shows a front set up and a back but I would not use the springs they show. I set mine up for the pedal I like

View attachment 139467

View attachment 139468
I gottcha so depending on the stiffness of the spring that will determine my pedal stiffness and having a spring on either side will give me a better pedal response right and also put less of a load on the bushing ?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I gottcha so depending on the stiffness of the spring that will determine my pedal stiffness and having a spring on either side will give me a better pedal response right and also put less of a load on the bushing ?

one on each side won't give you a better pedal response but it evens up on the weight of the shaft on the bushing but I don't see hardly anyone doing it. For a better pedal response you can do these exercises... :popcorn:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Get lighter springs regardless of what you do. You just want the throttle to return to idle. Not keep it closed so tight you need the jaws of life to open the throttle. If you use the proper weight spring, the load will be minimal on the shaft bushings.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Jims442

Greasemonkey
Dec 2, 2019
Connecticut
one on each side won't give you a better pedal response but it evens up on the weight of the shaft on the bushing but I don't see hardly anyone doing it. For a better pedal response you can do these exercises... :popcorn:

Ty I have a better idea now what to do.

Reactions: 1 user

Jims442

Greasemonkey
Dec 2, 2019
Connecticut
Get lighter springs regardless of what you do. You just want the throttle to return to idle. Not keep it closed so tight you need the jaws of life to open the throttle. If you use the proper weight spring, the load will be minimal on the shaft bushings.
So I shouldn't change my set up ,just get a lighter set of springs ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor