Need some expertise here guys. 4.3 chevy TBI

Status
Not open for further replies.

lepewwagon

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 24, 2012
1991 4.3 vortec in my 81 Chevy wagon. lately its been starting slow and the smell of gas is pretty bad when sitting after shut down. I started searching and noticed the fuel in the manifold area and when i had it ideliin i noticed the fuel puddeling at the back of the throttle body. My question is. (never took one apart) can I get a rebuild gasket kit for this? and also could there be a problem with my return line to the tank being too small and its causing the fuel to build up to much pressure.

Attachments

• throttle body.jpg
    throttle body.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 410
You can get complete rebuild kits for the TBI.

yes you can get the complete rebuild kit for around $50.00 if i remember correctly, i have the same engine in my 92 chevy pickup. it's pretty straightforward and easy to tear it apart and rebuild it with the new gaskets, just make sure the kit comes with a spring that goes in the bowl that is pictured that is where mine was leaking and my spring had rusted and broke in half...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor