Need some help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAYO

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 21, 2009
I need a center console and all parts needed to convert from a colomn shift to floor shift. Car is a 85 Buick Regal limited. I can find parts for Montes all day but can't seem to find anything for regals. I know some folks have used the console from a grand prix but im not sure.

Honestly it doesnt have to be a factory console but im not sure of my options. Can someone with some knowledge of this stuff fill me in?
Thanks,
J

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
long time , no see J ! hope you're not sneaking back to your love of B-bodies!

I know the console in the GN is similar to some of the cutlass salons, but slightly different. I've seen a couple of posts where these guys are pretty creative when it comes to adding them(across all the a/g bodies). one guy has a console from a newer model monte, and I've seen a s-10/bravada console like some of the caprice guys use... so the ideas are limitless...

I myself plan to try my hand at a conversion this summer... I found a horseshoe handle shifter (like in the 70's chevelles/cutty's/skylarks) that was in a late 80's fwd olds delta 88, along with the console, at a local pick-n-pull for the pricey cost of $20 when combined with the other goodies I picked up that day. good luck and good hunting!

Darin a.k.a. "GR8WHTWHALE" on NAISSO :wink:

JAYO

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 21, 2009
Whats up Darin? No, no more B-Body for me, it's all about G-Bodys now. I picked up an 87 Monte SS with T-Tops but decided not to keep it. Sold it and now I have a 85 Buick Regal limited. Im looking at doing Bonnies in it with a center console and shifter. That horsehoe shifter sounds nice, I would love to have that... Im going to hit up some yards next weekend and see what I can find. Wish me luck!
J

87REGALPRO

Greasemonkey
Mar 29, 2010
Hello, I just inherited an 87 regal that was converted to floor shifter not only that but the whole gn interior. Only thing is the gn interior is in bad shape. But no passenger side seat belt. and the transmission is a 200c so in doesn't shift correctly. also the column shift moves with the floor shifter. My question is if there is a shifter bracket for a 200c available? Latter down the line I plan on putting in a 200r4. But for now its going to be my daily driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor