Pgh, PA

Off the beating path, but I was a fan of how they looked on the car

Reactions: 3 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
18x9.5 all the way around with 275's. Gotta stop and turn too!
IMG_20180706_062203.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Lots of great looking rims, but, you really need to come up with your wants to try to decide if you're gonna wind up happy:

1) are you gonna upgrade brakes? No good finding an awesome 15 or 16" rim if you need to buy another set 12 months from now because of a big brake upgrade

2) what kinda ride quality and conditions are you after? Big rim/low sidewall you feel every tiny crack, and gets worse as your sidewall height decreases. If you daily drive the car and have some poor condition roads in your area, having a very narrow sidewall is also a bad idea with pot holes unless you're made of money.

3) what kind of tire do you want to run? Both terms of width, and, are you wanting particular brands/weather conditions/run flat etc. Some rim sizes are harder to get a ton of options in.

If you can decide those three things for yourself, narrow down a width and size of wheel, then based on that enter consideration number 4...

BUDGET.

At the end of all that you'd be surprised at how much narrower the range of choices gets

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Lots of great looking rims, but, you really need to come up with your wants to try to decide if you're gonna wind up happy:

1) are you gonna upgrade brakes? No good finding an awesome 15 or 16" rim if you need to buy another set 12 months from now because of a big brake upgrade

2) what kinda ride quality and conditions are you after? Big rim/low sidewall you feel every tiny crack, and gets worse as your sidewall height decreases. If you daily drive the car and have some poor condition roads in your area, having a very narrow sidewall is also a bad idea with pot holes unless you're made of money.

3) what kind of tire do you want to run? Both terms of width, and, are you wanting particular brands/weather conditions/run flat etc. Some rim sizes are harder to get a ton of options in.

If you can decide those three things for yourself, narrow down a width and size of wheel, then based on that enter consideration number 4...

BUDGET.

At the end of all that you'd be surprised at how much narrower the range of choices gets
I completely agree. I literally spent two years looking for wheels, sizes, and tires I liked, then tried to find them cheaper. I have just less than $900 into my set of tires and wheels. What do they say? Champagne taste, beer budget. I just can't justify spending more than that. But that's me. It was hard for me to spend that much on them. I'm usually cheap. I found a smoking deal on the tires for $88 each shipped brand new from Tire Rack. Off brand they didn't want to carry in that size anymore. Fine by me for what I do.

roger1

G-Body Guru
Aug 23, 2010
San Angelo, TX

"LS1 Brakes" from a '98 to '02 Camaro fit just fine with 16" wheels.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor