Needing ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Is the exhaust going to serve the 305 as well as the LS engine? Factory Monte SS mufflers and tail pipes are only 2" so I would not go too big for a stock 305 exhaust and IMO I would not go larger than 2-1/2" for that.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Zeus785

Greasemonkey
Apr 30, 2018
more than likely not, i may be a while before the LS swap. 2.5 is good with me though, that is why i am asking, i am not so familiar with how to make these older motors sound good. I have had plenty of header and glasspacks/turbo muffler projects, but i am too old now, i want rumble, like the newer vehicles with out being annoying

RegalBegal

G-Body Guru
Jul 10, 2009
Goldsboro, NC
I'm running Pypes X-pipe 2.5 inch stainless system with Race Pro's. Love the sound, mellow at low speeds and wakes up with a heavy foot. The kit with rear exit pipes seem to have fitment issues with the tailpipes however I had no issues with the side exit kit. Head pipes are sold seperately for various engines if your using manifolds.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Zeus785

Greasemonkey
Apr 30, 2018
hmmm never thought of an "X" pipe set up

Tuffregal83

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2016
Lockport, Il
If you use headers, 3" pipe and flowmaster turned out in front of the rear wheels it will be loud.
Yeah my buddy and I did that with a 73 impala sport with a 468 BBC with race mufflers you couldn't hear your self think go behind rear wheels

Zeus785

Greasemonkey
Apr 30, 2018
i am a fan of the Band clamps, i will go that way, thanks

buick7332

Master Mechanic
Oct 21, 2014
N.E. Philadelphia area
more than likely not, i may be a while before the LS swap. 2.5 is good with me though, that is why i am asking, i am not so familiar with how to make these older motors sound good. I have had plenty of header and glasspacks/turbo muffler projects, but i am too old now, i want rumble, like the newer vehicles with out being annoying
The bigger the pipe diameter, the louder it will be. I would stick with exhaust manifolds, not headers. Dynomax mufflers sound good.

• Agree

spicercars

Greasemonkey
Jan 7, 2019
Saginaw MN
Dynomax mufflers with headers and no tailpipes will be loud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor