Neutral safety switch/reverse light switch ?'s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
I had a similar issue with my 81. I used a B+M shifter and a column from a floor shift car installed into a car that was originally a column shift.
I bought a park/neutral relay from Painless to solve the issue. Wires go right to the micro switch and tie in with the purple wire/starter connection. Easy after I found out how to do it.
Got a lot of info here on the forum.
The tangs on the switches needed some tweaking but thats done. Not sure how your shifter is set up compared to mine though.

View attachment 165491

View attachment 165492
Nice setup with the relay. Hurst and BM shifters are very similar.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Nice setup with the relay. Hurst and BM shifters are very similar.
Thanks. Im sure theres other ways of doing it but Im happy with the way it turned out.

IMG_2236 (2).JPG

Reactions: 4 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
For the column instead of zip ties I bent the arm so it is against the firewall and ran a black lag bolt through the hole into the firewall to keep it in place.

Reactions: 4 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
For the column instead of zip ties I bent the arm so it is against the firewall and ran a black lag bolt through the hole into the firewall to keep it in place.
You don't seem like much of a ziptie and duct tape guy ;)

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor