New car, non G Body, Question... NOW WITH PIC's

Status
Not open for further replies.

midwestls

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2007
Bismarck North Dakota
huge pic's again, sorry guys. But yeah $800. I found a broken wire that caused my right taillight to be out. Fixed. And figured out those factory radios mess up sometimes and do that which in turn kills the batt. Also fixed, I threw something in it I had laying around. Now I've got to figure out the cluster problem. Put a power steering pump in it (leaks a little) and figure out why it starts hard when it's cold. Fires right up warm but you gotta fight to get her going cold. I'm thinking fuel pressure reg, or ??????

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
If it just cranks over for a long time before firing, it is probably an anti-drainback valve in the fuel pump. It is supposed to keep the gas from draining back into the tank when the car is not running. Try turning the key on and off 5 or 6 times without cranking the engine over to prime the fuel pump and see if it starts up easier.

midwestls

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2007
Bismarck North Dakota
I'll try that in the morning when I go to work. I've got some minor bugs to work out but I think I did pretty good. Motor and transmission purrrrr. It just don't wanna start nice cold. Once it's been run it barely even turns over before it starts. And the dash, thats my only other problem (BIG ONE). I've heard they have alot of ground issues but, I don't even know where to begin with that. I think I'll get it figured out, pretty sure it's just the cluster itself (I hope).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor