New car rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
So my daughter had the car by me again and I popped all the parts off to check how the styrofoam did. It crumbled a lot and got inside the lens housing. I gotta re-think this. I have some big diameter stainless steel springs I bought for a outboard motor thermostat issue. I think I can trim one and use it to secure the bulb into the housing held in by the cap. The factory retainer spring is useless as the plastic tabs it clips to just fail. I will say now that I know what is required to get at the lights- it is not so bad. I use a Makita power wrench on 4 bolts and a screwdriver to pop off about 10 plastic pop-rivets. The bumper cover is half off it looks like it was in a collision- just to get at a bulb. Stupid.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor